Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 290-a0xxx Slim Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After launching my newly purchased game, Just Cause 3, at the start menu I get a prompt stating my system doesn't have enough recommended memory and the game may not perform efficiently. Indeed it severely lags. What options do I have to gain or regain memory to allow the game to operate normally?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ooooh that explains it.  The model number is HP Slimline 290-a0045m.

Its just a business machine that you would find in a cubicle at an office that gets networked to a server for access to company files. In other words, its just an email machine. It cannot run higher end games like Just Cause 3.

Even though it should have already come with 8GB of memory, its not going to help. It doesn't meet the graphics card requirements and it cannot be upgraded. That AMD CPU is not a powerful gaming processor either as its only dual core.

You need an actual gaming machine to game with. I'm sorry.

If you have other questions, let me know.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Canzo 

Do you have the HP Support Assistant installed? IF so, run it and it will tell you what the Product number is of your computer.

Or with the computer off, tap the F1 key as you press the power button until an info menu opens before Windows boots.

Then I can better help you as I can look up what your specs are.

HP Recommended

Hi phoyoray002. Thanks for responding. The product number for my HP is X6C22AA#ABA

HP Recommended

Ooooh that explains it.  The model number is HP Slimline 290-a0045m.

Its just a business machine that you would find in a cubicle at an office that gets networked to a server for access to company files. In other words, its just an email machine. It cannot run higher end games like Just Cause 3.

Even though it should have already come with 8GB of memory, its not going to help. It doesn't meet the graphics card requirements and it cannot be upgraded. That AMD CPU is not a powerful gaming processor either as its only dual core.

You need an actual gaming machine to game with. I'm sorry.

If you have other questions, let me know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.