Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

To start things off, I'm not even sure if this is an issue regarding this being an HP product or not.

I also do not know what board this would be under, so I just put it under Gaming Desktops, because this laptop is a gaming laptop.

It randomly happened on 8/11. I had not installed or downloaded anything in the past days, so I don't think it could be a virus. Windows security also says there's no virus.

I'm not really sure how to explain the issue, but to summarize the issue: It feels like there's some invisible full screen window that prevents me from clicking or interacting with anything. Sometimes it just prevents me from interacting with applications, sometimes even the taskbar. At first, I thought this was a taskbar issue and looked up solutions. Nothing helped.

Another problem is: When I'm on any app/window, such as a browser, it seems the back button is spammed and I'm redirected several pages back.

It's hard to explain, so I recorded a video of it happening here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9inZEYaRieM

In the video, I show how I'm not able to interact with any windows and how it's redirected back to the first page I was on.

The only way to get rid of this so called "Invisible window" is to CTRL + ALT + DEL. It gets rid of it for a few seconds/minutes, then it happens all over again. This is extremely annoying to deal with, as I can't even watch youtube videos.

One final problem: Before, my headphone and speaker volume didn't affect each other at all. Like I could have my speaker volume on 50, and my Headphone volume on 14. Everything was fine. Now, let's say I have my speaker volume on 50. I plug in headphones and it jumps up to 100? So I'll lower it back to 14. Then when I remove my headphones, the speaker volume is at 10 or even lower.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I went back and uninstalled some things, and it seems the first 2 problems have gone away.

I'm assuming that it was this soundboard application I had installed, since the problems went away after I uninstalled it.

This was unexpected because I'd had this installed for a month already, and there were no problems until 8/11.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

As a start I suggest you back up all of your important information as soon as you can.

Run Malwarebytes and see if it will find something there, probably the last resort will be to reinstall Windows, I know is not the best option, but if contracted something that is logging your key strikes the outcome will be devastating. 

HP Recommended

I went back and uninstalled some things, and it seems the first 2 problems have gone away.

I'm assuming that it was this soundboard application I had installed, since the problems went away after I uninstalled it.

This was unexpected because I'd had this installed for a month already, and there were no problems until 8/11.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.