Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all, just fyi I'm the thread starter

Overall I'm highly disappointed about the entire situation and to be clear, I will never buy and HP Product anymore. To be honest the only good thing on this Omen computer was the that they were able to delivery RTX 3080 for a reasonable price. That makes me wondering why HP could delivery those GFX cards but there is almost no stock in retail? Anyway different story. If I could back, I would definitely NOT buy this PC anymore and would wait until I could find the parts and build it myself. Not sure why the hell I decided myself this time for prebuild systems, maybe the different YouTube reviews saying "the Omen is great"  fooled me, again different story... As discussed by multiple people here, the Core i9-10900K is not working in it's full glory in this case/configuration/cooling, simple like that, end of story.... I tried all the proposed solutions here, nothing worked for me! Today I finally received my new case and my new AIO cooler and I'm looking forward to move the hardware next weekend to the new case. I actually should also replace the board and the memory too but didn't want to spent more money right now.... Let me say it again, from my point of view, the only proper solution is to move the the components to another case, in the existing Omen case there is no chance to cool the Core i9-10900K to an acceptable level.  HP failed!

BTW, after I found out the issue I opened a ticket with HP "5058615946 " on DEC-17, until today nobody followed up. HA, HP failed. 

Further, thanks to all of you inspiring me to buy a new case, I really hope that this will fix the issue permanently, however it's a shame for HP to sell such a design disaster...

HP Recommended

Well. Same here. Nothing more to say. 30l case and mobo are gone the way of all non-functional electronics: recycling.

HP Recommended

"To be honest the only good thing on this Omen computer was the that they were able to delivery RTX 3080 for a reasonable price"

I think the above summarizes everyone's reason for buying this computer, personally I was happy with my early I5 10600K version of it and was only waiting for RTX3080 to become available, well we all know what happened and I was not willing to wait at least another 6 months to buy it at retail. So getting another Omen 30L was a better choice, as now after I transferred everything to a new case with 240mm AIO, things are perfect...well almost perfect, we know the memory situation  :-).

Overall, I think that I am a motherboard step away to just have a custom built computer, which again I am fine with, since I still have my I5 based Omen 30L and can still enjoy its appearance, which I still believe to be the best looking prebuilt on the market. 

In addition, I was able to get the Omen version of the RTX3070 as well, just the GPU not the whole PC, and soon I will have a lot more test and comparison between both 3080 and 3070 HP versions. 

HP Recommended

I would love to get both from you, I can create a wonderful project from both 🙂

HP Recommended

Man I forgot that you are in Europe, well keep it for now, hopefully I will be traveling back to EU this summer so maybe we can figure something out, I would love to take the Dremel to that case and perfect it!  

HP Recommended

boys. you can fix temps quite easily. put a fan next to the psu and a new fan at the rear and replace the cpu fan with a noctuha U9s and you will get the temperatures down significantly. however, this should not have to be done for $ 2000. motherboard, they are not wrong and there are ways to solve them. check out https://www.youtube.com/c/DanKamYouKnow/videos

HP Recommended

This is not going to drop anything, you are only going to create more noise, which is plenty from the AIO. The only solution to the high temps/noise with the I9 CPUs, is a new case and larger AIO.  

HP Recommended

well if go with nocthua it will not be very nosiy. but I got the I7 10700k so you might be right. I just got my Omen and I will try new fans before I swap case. I dont like noise eather...

HP Recommended

yeah a new case alone wont be enough. i910's need a larger aio. in any case. 120 aio is for smaller chips. every case witha  120 and this cpu will be high temps. 240+ and it will stay real low. And in response to how hp got their hands on gpus...they make their own for these cases. they have a lisc to rebuild gpus for their builds for their gpus. 

I still have not upgraded my case or aio and am running well and im running the 3090. but I understand people needing to do more.

for me just running Intel Extreme utility and taking control of my wattage instead of letting turbo just slam max power has worked wonderfully. I am now using it with my quest 2 and or using it for 3 monitor tarkov and having zero noise issues or temp throttling. My bench marks are right where they should be and I have yet to see someone who has purchased more for this case post a benchmark to show any reason to take that path. People need to also remember this motherboard is meant for this case. so there are other things to consider when upgrading cases. Like this mobo only having 3 fan plugs and  such.

Again I ask anyone who has taken the journey of purchasing new stuff to post some benchmarks. until then i recommend just running intel tune up utility and enjoying this build. its so easy i just have to face palm when people say theres nothing you can do. I just benched that will all those other processes running. discord with video, snap cam, nvdifia brodcast, voicemeeter. 

2021-01-26_12-41-44.png2021-01-26_12-36-13.png

HP Recommended

oops

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.