Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Why should people have to spend money to fix a computer engineered by engineers....lmao

HP Recommended

Good question

HP Recommended

I wish I came across this before purchasing the Omen 30l. 

I have tried all the software settings mentioned in this discussion, thank you for everyone sharing their knowledge and experience. I’ll share my experience with the community.

Here are the changes I have done, as follows:

Using intel  XTU CPU (10900k) under volted by -0.110mV and no overclock. In the power management set the minimum processor state to 5%. This has lowered the idle temperatures to about 38 degrees from 62 degrees initially. Under load it knocked off about 5 degrees from temperatures I saw before. Games run around 60-70 degrees. However, due to the lack of air flow in the case after prolonged use the idle temp would again sit near 60 degrees and under load it would hit 90+ degrees. So unless I just browse and use word it will overheat, I can do these without having to shell out 3k. Clearly unacceptable.

Using MSI Afterburner GPU (RTX 3090) under volted to -818mV speed set to 1695MHz. Set an aggressive fan curve to keep the core temp under 70 degrees. However, regardless of what I tried the vram would not go below 92 degrees under load. Again, after a certain time gaming, the heat buildup in the case would push the GPU temps higher along with the fan noise. I also had issues with a weird resonating noise coming from the GPU fans, not cool whine. Maybe bad fans, bad bearings who knows. 

Opening the side glass panel and running the PC for about 30 minutes brought down the temperatures of the CPU and GPU by 5-10 degrees. Running the pc like this in the long run would have problems due to dust, now practical.

So if the pc is not overclocked, under volted, aggressive fan curves set and side glass panel open would tame the beast without sacrificing any performance.

The real issue I had was that the PC would crash pretty regularly before or after making the changes. I could not pinpoint the fault, maybe bad memory. This made the machine completely unusable and would hate it to crash in the middle of important work. I have called technical support,  apart from checking if I had the latest updates they did not do anything else. After 3 days of use I decided to return it, from the sounds of everyone here unless I make any hardware changes the problem will not be resolved. HP has done a very poor job of this. Along with everyone else, I have been waiting for a very long time to be able to buy anything of this spec, very disappointed. Just because there is a shortage I’m not going to accept garbage quality and £3000 is a lot of money (even if HP priced it cheaper than other brands or oem system builders). HP usually refreshes their Omen range in April/May hopefully they will read these forums and make sure the new case has excellent airflow, and a 240 or 280mm AIO for the CPU. Maybe then I’ll give HP another go. 

HP Recommended

I'm assuming you had the i9 right cuz I'm about to get a 3090 i7 10700k and I'm not trying to have same issue.

HP Recommended

I had the i9 with the 3090. I can’t vouch for the i7 since I have never used it, but with the 3090 in the same 30l case you may still have the high vram temps running at high 90s and GPU core temps at 70+ degrees. Best to find out from someone who already owns an Omen with i7; it’s promising that so far all issues seem to be with the i9s from what information I can find.

HP Recommended

I had I7 10700k and my temps was 85 playing Cp2077 gpu 70+. Will never buy a hp again. Sounded like an leafblower playing any game. Even with lower temps like 60+ 

HP Recommended

What happened to the one y'all got? A few people said they were waiting for the same build as OP

HP Recommended

If they change the case so it can fit 240mm aio, wouldnt we have the right to get one? If we send it for repair? This is not acceptable what we have been going thru with these cases and have paid alot of money for this pc who cant even cool the pc properly. And the fans sounds like a jet while playing cyberpunk 2077.

HP Recommended

which software you use to get all this infos?  ive got my Omen 30l and have no such wide info in my tray. 

what is the name of the software please?

HP Recommended

I think perhaps you're referring to the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility?  If so, it can be downloaded from the intel website.

I can add that enabling and adjusting the thermal velocity boost as one poster suggested had absolutely no effect on my I9 10850 based 30 L.  Specifically, it didn't seem to do anything at all.  Regardless, I don't seem to have the extent of overheating issues that that fellow experienced.  He was showing 93 degrees with running the Intel benchmark; mine provides a bit higher benchmark result than his at 84 degrees.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.