Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, so after doing a cpu cooler swap from the stock omen cooler to a noctua u9s, i plug everything back in with what it seemed to be like no complications. It’s only when i try to power on the pc that i get no response. Don’t know what could’ve gone wrong, i followed a tutorial the whole way through. I also noticed that as soon as i plug the power cable into my power supply the GPU fan starts spinning (not sure if this is normal) but other than that i get no post whatsoever. Neither the case fans or CPU fans turn on, no LEDs, nothing. I’m stuck between the power supply or the motherboard. I even double checked all connections and ports and everything was plugged in and fine. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

Suggest you reinstall the HP CPU cooler. Check for a good POST. It is good to go back to a known good configuration when you have a Power On Self Test problem after installing new hardware.

The Noctua should work. Did you have a good connection to the CPU socket using the Noctua? I guess you cleaned factory thermal paste application and you applied new thermal paste correctly.

Maybe the MB can't identify the Noctua fan connection.

Did you install the Noctua backplate if required?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.