Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen GT-13 30L 0434no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI

Merry Christmas

I tried to make an overclock  via OCC on "intellegent" it took about 45 minutes  and it all was ok and cpu reaches 5,1 ghz

but when i load a game the cpu cooler just go way up nuts and temp to 100 degres and pc shuts down in 5 seconds ?how can thet be ??

thanks for any selutions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

70C is an excellent temp, great to hear that! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Merry Christmas.

I can only suggest you don't overclock the CPU. You have a 10700k, a 2080 Super, and a 120 mm liquid cooler.

The PC is shutting down because the power draw is overwhelming the CPU cooler. The stock CPU cooler cannot cope with the additional heat created when overclocking the CPU.

How are the 2080 temps when you game and you overclock? How are CPU and 2080 temps when you game at stock timings?

You need a better and larger CPU liquid cooler (240 or 280 system) and more chassis fans. I don't think your chassis can handle a larger CPU liquid cooler.

Regards

HP Recommended

Yeah stay away from overclocking, its not going to work. Those of us that are using the 10850 and 10900k versions of the Omen 30L, can't even use it at stock speeds, let alone overclocking, the temperatures while gaming are going over 95C and the CPU is thermal throttling. The only solution for us is better cooling solution, but for you probably just don't overclock, I have another one with 10600K and is doing just fine with the stock AIO. 

HP Recommended

Ok thanks i will stop playing with overclock , the stock clock max is 4,66 ghz on cpu and 70 degrese  ,and the RTX 2080 Super is 83 degrese  at gaming  ,it all runs perfect  hours of gaming......

THX

HP Recommended

70C is an excellent temp, great to hear that! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.