Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Even after setting the bios to set to boot the machine when power is detected it does not work.  I still need to press the power button.  What is interesting is one other 30L Omen I have it does work... ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Are they running the same BIOS version? If there is a version difference, perhaps it was a bug that got patched?
I'd assume both systems would have the same components (down to the PSU/MoBo) thus I imagine it could be a simple software issue.
The built-in HP Support Assistant can tell you which Bios version is installed under the specifications tab.

If they are running the exact same BIOS + BIOS settings, perhaps there are some built-in Windows Power Management settings that are set-up differently (but I imagine and assume booting when power is detected is handled exclusively by the PSU + Motherboard). OR there could be a hardware difference or hardware issue that's causing the device to not respond to power.

If it's a difference or hardware issue, it's then up to you to decide if you want to go through the dreadful experience of RMA'ing an HP device (and the prolonged period you'll be without a device VS clicking the power-button).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.