Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I already have latest audio drivers installed.I already have latest audio drivers installed.

Hello, my Omen audio lab no matter what I do simply displays "Audio driver not installed. Please go to Windows Update Download driver." I am using Omen Mindframe headphones.  Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hello back again i wanted to let you know i have resolved the problem and the problem was in the microphone settings, the omen command center did not have access to my microphone and so i gave it permission and that resolved the situation.

i was unsure why the command center didn't have permission in the first place but i'm happy the situation is fixed.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @D-Lucifer 

I'm not sure whats happened or what you've done to troubleshoot it, so all I can do is offer some suggestions.

Open the Device Manager and see if the Mindframe is listed under Audio Devices. If it is, right click on the Mindframe Headset and update it.

If it does not find anything, then right click again and uninstall it and the microphone, then reboot.

Omen mindframe device manager.JPG

If that does not work, go to Windows updates and force a search. Click on the Search for Updates button even if it shows its up to date. Run the updater from the HP Support Assistant after that.

IF still no joy, uninstall the Omen Command Center and reboot.

Go to this link and reinstall it...  Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

Then install this update...  Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 

Does any of this help?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply,

and yes i have tried your suggestions, but the out come is still the same as the omen audio Lab still says to audio driver not installed and tried troubleshooting but it only suggest problem with the audio which it works fine.

The only different i can spot between the screen shot you posted of the device manager is that in your it says "Mindframe Headset (OMEN Mindframe) but in mine in the brackets it says "Mindframe Headset (2- OMEN Mindframe)". im not sure if the 2 is model of the headphones or if it is any significant to the problem i am having??

HP Recommended

hello back again i wanted to let you know i have resolved the problem and the problem was in the microphone settings, the omen command center did not have access to my microphone and so i gave it permission and that resolved the situation.

i was unsure why the command center didn't have permission in the first place but i'm happy the situation is fixed.

HP Recommended

Hey D-Lucifer!

Thank you for your help! This was the problem with my Omen Command center and microphone settings too.. And now it works like a charm. 🙂  

HP Recommended

@D-Lucifer 

OK thanks for the heads up. It might be a result of the latest version of the command center. When ever there is a major change, you can bet somethings gonna break. Ill make a note of it.

Thanks again. 🙂

Edited to add to a question you also asked...

The (2-omen) shouldn't be a version of your headphones. That usually indicates a double device install.

If you uninstall everything in the device manager related to the Omen Headphones (including any stored drivers for it if it asks), then reconnect your headphones, it should install again and make it show correctly.

NOTE: You would need to also enable Show Hidden Devices in the View tap in the Device Manager also. Then find any greyed out devices for the headset and anything that might show up under Unknown Devices, if that is there also.

HP Recommended

Hello NPeter1

I am glad my post helped you. To be honest I don't even know how I found the solution 😅 I just got lucky.

Anyways stay safe 

HP Recommended

Hello Photoray002

Okay I will try that one's im on my PC.

and is it bad if you have a double install and should I keep an eye for any other devices that might have an number out if place.

Thanks again and stay safe 😊

HP Recommended

If its there as two devices, then its a good idea in my opinion so you don't have any conflicts with the device later.

HP Recommended

hello, i cant find omen command center in my microphone privacy setting. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.