Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 30L GT13-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to update the Omen Command Center in order to add the overclocking features. This update to the command center is on the software updates on HP's website. However, when I install the software I am still not getting the option to overclock in the command center. Is anyone else having this problem? 

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

@TommySaus , welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide for Omen Command Center:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

There are lists of Omen compatible desktops and laptops.  Yours isn't on the list, but I don't know if that is because it is too new to make the list.

We'll have to wait to see if anyone has a better answer for you.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Yes I have seen that. On the spec sheet for this rig it specifically says it supports omen command center and the ability to overclock 

HP Recommended

Okay, good!  Have you tried using HP Support Assistant to update your computer to see if it updates OCC?

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Yes I did try that and it doesn’t update the OCC

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. I really hope they fix this issue.

HP Recommended

It literally says it can overclock in the spec sheet. HP just got back to me and says it cannot overclock. Something doesn’t make sense. https://files.bbystatic.com/Dqmg1Aa8%2FyHX%2BZq%2B23GNjg%3D%3D/8C8AA163-9AD7-491E-92DD-24824B8F81D6.... 

HP Recommended

I have read that some lower end omen's do not get the ability to overclock, but like you have mentioned.. this model specifically said that you could. I hope this isn't a bait and switch. This definitely de-values this desktop for me.

My hope was that HP was working on a patch or update so that we would have the ability to do so, but sounds like they told you its not gonna happen?

On the BestBuy website someone mentioned that the replacement Ram that HP sells will already be overclocked at 3200, but I am not sure if that was confirmed by anyone. Its also $80 more for the same exact item you can get elsewhere.

HP Recommended

I am getting conflicting reports from them and it seems no one can give me a straight answer. I would like to get someone on the phone but that has been a challenge. 

There is an update on the HP site that is an SDK Package (see below) that supports the overclocking feature. However, when I download it, it doesn’t add the overclock feature to the Command Center. Very frustrating. Maybe they are working on a fix for this since these machines are brand new. 

21D92846-58AA-4318-A037-70CAEF9FB3AA.jpeg

HP Recommended

Yea i tried that earlier today also. Didn't work for me. Ill try to get through to HP also. Hopefully one of us gets an answer.

Now i wonder whats better. 8gb at 3200 or 16gb at 2400

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.