Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@DJoao

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

- It never worked

- No. Brand new system

- tried installing the update for command center

- HP Omen 30L GT13-0014 

HP Recommended

I got into the BIOS yesterday and there is no option to toggle the XMP for the RAM. So it looks like we need a firmware update to the BIOS to add that option in. I also talked to OMEN Support and they were very helpful. They also said this option should be available for our machine. If you want  give them a call.

HP Recommended

Did this ever get any updates?  I'm having the same problem and it is very frustrating that the OC features are not enabled.

HP Recommended

No this has not been updated. Apparently there is a BIOS update coming in mid July and I am hoping this fixes the issue. I agree it very frustrating that this is an advertised feature of the machine. 

HP Recommended

By then, I won't be able to return this.

HP Recommended

Hopefully that update comes soon. I love the PC but the inability to overclock my ram to 3200mhz as advertised for this model is ridiculous. I wouldn't be able to return it even if I wanted to considering I got it at launch and I've already gone and replaced the GPU, the power supply, the ram, and added an additional SSD. Where did you hear about the bios update?

HP Recommended

Just a quick note:  I updated my other post with this:

"Thanks for pointing me to Ryzen Master.  This OC util is what is needed to bump up the DDR from 2600 to 3200.  Just REMEMBER that you should set the Memory Clock (DRAM frequency) to 1/2 of the max Mhz since its Double Data Rate...rated!  The OC settings persisted through reboot as well as a FRESH install of Win10 on a new NVMe drive.  I validated this with CPU-Z.

I haven't tried to OC anything else yet.  Obviously the 5700xt is up next."

Good Luck!

HP Recommended

I heard about the BIOS update when I called Omen for support. The rep on the phone said they were sending it out around July 15th.  You were able to overclock the RAM using Ryzen Master? 

HP Recommended

I have ryzen master and I can easily overclock my CPU o don't know where you see the ability to overclock the ram on there though. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.