Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Command Center
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Omen Command center will not open, just sits on the screen but never opens the app. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, updated my bios. Any ideas, Have not been able to talk or get through to anyone at HP support.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Gee, don't know what to tell you.

Photoray002 and I have been trying to solve the same problem at this thread (Link).

??

Maybe HP programmers should take a look at this.

Regards

HP Recommended

@HeavyOnDaSticks 

What is your full Product number of your Omen?

You can find it in the HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

880-050 desktop. Thanks for the response.

HP Recommended

OK thanks. Been a few users now with this issue and I am going to pass the info along to HP monday.

Just to make sure you have done everything, try this...

Also need to update this... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 

and reinstall this... OMEN Command Center SDK Package sp98588.exe

The force Windows updates to search for more updates, even though its says its up to date.

Click the Check for Updates button. If updates are already pending, install them and reboot.

Go back and do it again until no more are found.

Does it help?

HP Recommended

Also another user just informed me he had a similar issue. He had install a GPU tool that included Riva Tuner in it.

Do you have any tools like MSI Afterburner or other GPU 3rd party tools installed?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.