Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen X 900-079
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody, just bought this product today, done bios update, full HP updates and full windows updates. I click on Omen Control Panel and nothing works.

Been reading online about the issue for the last hour and I have found no reliable solution.

Anyone ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Nevermind, went into Program Files > HP > HP Omen and edited the .exe , in properties, ticked the option "Run as administrator" and now it works fine.

Thanks...even if I didn't really get this answer before, or anyone else on all the forum posts I checked in the last 6 days...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Daitengu, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues opening omen control center on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you have issues opening omen control center on your PC.

To resolve this issue, update the OMEN Command Center to the latest version.

HP Support Assistant (HPSA) must be installed to perform the updates with the Omen Command Center. If HPSA is not installed, a notification will appear to download and install HPSA before proceeding with the OMEN Command Center update.

1.Open the Omen Command Center.

2.Select Update button near the bottom left corner of the UI.

3.Select Check for updates.

4.Select Update.

5.The OMEN Command Center message appears stating the updates are downloading and installing. The update may take a few minutes.

6.When the update completes, the update message will close and the app will re-start automatically.

If the issue still persists uninstall the omen control center from control panel programs. And install the omen control center using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Mr Robot,

My product as is linked in description is a OMEN X 900-079 model with I7 6700k , 32 GB RAM DDR 4 and 2 GTX 1070 in SLI which stutter constantly, especialy when I have my Gsync on....but that I will make a separate thread for.

I don't have OMEN Command Center installed on desktop ,it's brand new install from brand new machine. And I'm missing it.

The machine cost 3200 Euro, so I hope you`d understand my frustration with having ONLY red lightning and horrible gaming experience in SLI.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

If you were refering to Omen Control software, It does absolutely nothing, doesn`t start up or anything. It's not even in Task manager .

HP Recommended

@Daitengu, It's great to hear from you again.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

HP omen control panel is nothing but the omen control center.

As you mentioned you are still unable to use HP omen control center software on your PC.

You can use the HP Support Assistant to reinstall the original HP Omen Control.
Open HP Support Assistant,
Select "Storage Backup and Recovery"
On the next screen, select "Recovery" and then select "HP Recovery"
On the "Recovery Manager" screen,  select "Reinstall drivers and/or applications"
Finally, check off the "HP Omen Control" and click on the "Install" button.

Also, try updating the system even utiility on your PC and check if it helps.

The link for the System Event Utility: Click here

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tried that, didn`t work.

HP Recommended

the Omen Control isn`t even on the list for recovery software from HP.

HP Recommended

download it form here under UTILITES

https://support.hp.com/emea_middle_east-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-x-by-hp-900-000-desktop-pc-serie...

it will work but it does only front pannel control as per design , nothing else ..no OC or any other advanced option

OMEN Control

system software Manager Icon

1.00 Rev.A 9.3 MB Jul 26, 2016

Type:

Utility-Tools

Version:

1.00 Rev.A

Operating systems:

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date:

Jul 26, 2016

File name:

sp76866.exe

(9.3 MB)

Description:

This package provides the LED Lighting control Utility for supported models running a supported operating system.

HP Recommended

Thing is, I done that and it doesn`t open it still.

Basically I click on HP Omen Control and nothing happens. Also just reinstalled my pre-instaled software from recovery manager and fully updated it. Still not working.

HP Recommended

Nevermind, went into Program Files > HP > HP Omen and edited the .exe , in properties, ticked the option "Run as administrator" and now it works fine.

Thanks...even if I didn't really get this answer before, or anyone else on all the forum posts I checked in the last 6 days...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.