Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, I have encountered a problem in the omen command center. When I open it, it no longer has the option to change the keyboard color. I've been experiencing this problem for some time. Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK thanks.

That looks like you have the OMEN 1100 Mechanical Keyboard.

On the back, there is a sticker that has  P/N (product number) 1MY13AA.

That keyboard does not have RGB capability, thus there will be no option in the Omen Command Center for color changes. The key lighting is only red with white WASD keys and is physically setup that way.

The software for any functionality was this utility download that came out in 2017 and is not the same as the Omen Command Center...  sp81677.exe

You can change Macro functions and Function key's with it. The red lighting brightness, animation speed and shade of red could be altered only in that software. The only color that can be changed is the text in the software interface (which is a little silly).

The user guide... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05541799

Hope that clears up the confusion.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It no longer has the keyboard lighting option?

Could you give more details as to what keyboard you have?

Since you stated you have an 880 desktop, you would have to have an Omen RGB keyboard for that option to appear.

HP Recommended

I dont know but i can send an image

IMG_20200421_192102.jpg

HP Recommended

OK thanks.

That looks like you have the OMEN 1100 Mechanical Keyboard.

On the back, there is a sticker that has  P/N (product number) 1MY13AA.

That keyboard does not have RGB capability, thus there will be no option in the Omen Command Center for color changes. The key lighting is only red with white WASD keys and is physically setup that way.

The software for any functionality was this utility download that came out in 2017 and is not the same as the Omen Command Center...  sp81677.exe

You can change Macro functions and Function key's with it. The red lighting brightness, animation speed and shade of red could be altered only in that software. The only color that can be changed is the text in the software interface (which is a little silly).

The user guide... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05541799

Hope that clears up the confusion.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I will try this

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.