Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-160se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Picture attached. Even installed the latest package HP points to for download SP98588. Please fix this ASAP HP since overclocking cannot work with out the updated package. 

Omenerror.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@FattysGoneWild,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that overclocking is not working on the Omen command center.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Based on the specifications of your computer, I see that the overclocking feature is not supported on the computer. Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

However, I recommend you uninstall the Omen command center from the computer and then download and install it from the Microsoft store and check if it helps.

Downlink Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/omen-command-center/9nqdw009t0t5?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. I have the Omen 880-157C.

Specifications:
Windows 10 (64) with current updates
Intel i7-9700K CPU with Corsair H80i V2 Cooling (push/pull exhaust in rear of case) and additional front case fan (total of 2 fans in front)
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra GPU
1000W PSU (modular)
32 GB memory
Samsung 970 PRO NVME (Windows 10 OS only)
(2) Samsung EVO 960 1 TB
(1) Samsung EVO 960 500 GB (external)
Latest BIOS F.51
My machine runs cool always even during stress tests (a true monster PC). I used the Omen Command Center (OCC) to overclock my i7-9700K to 5.2 GHZ effortlessly. I haven't tried to exceed 5.2 GHZ, but know that it can do it and still remain stable. I game at 5.2 GHZ and then set it back to default when I am finished gaming. I use the intelligent overclock feature of the Omen Command Center (OCC) to achieve my high CPU frequency.,

Out of the blue yesterday, this just happened. My machine never blue screen since I bought it last year. It is very stable. No issues at all. The operating system is on the Samsung 970 PRO NVME. The system is rock solid, even when overclock to 5.2 GHZ. I have installed the HP SDK (SP98588.exe), which is what that error is calling for, but it does absolutely nothing. I have uninstalled the Omen Command Center and reinstalled it several time without any change. I tried to have it repair itself within the OCC's settings, but still nothing. When I tried to revert to an older OCC, it would not work (showed some corruption) and would not overclock.

I contacted HP support for a solution, but I am still waiting for a possible fix. As stated, my gaming PC is rock solid and has no other issues. It is completely up-to-date and has only high-end components installed. The only problem now is that I have a high-end gaming PC with a K CPU that cannot be overclock. For some reason, the OCC program cannot find the necessary HP services to run the overclock feature as it has been doing since I purchased and upgraded the machine. Although the SP98588.exe SDK is supposed to allow for Network Boost and Overclock, for some reason it will not allow for overclock. This is an HP, not a Microsoft or third party program issue. I am tempted to use the Intel XTU to overclock (can only run the OCC or the XTU, not both), but do not want to make a mistake and fry my CPU and motherboard. I trust the OCC to protect my investment which is now over $4,000, so I am waiting for HP to come up with a solution.

If anyone has an idea that I haven't tried, please chime in. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette wrote:

@FattysGoneWild,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that overclocking is not working on the Omen command center.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Based on the specifications of your computer, I see that the overclocking feature is not supported on the computer. Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

However, I recommend you uninstall the Omen command center from the computer and then download and install it from the Microsoft store and check if it helps.

Downlink Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/omen-command-center/9nqdw009t0t5?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Take no offense or it personally. But, as a HP support agent this is a pretty embarrassing post. You are giving out misinformation yourself and should be much more informed on products you sell/support. With that being said. My desktop does support OC or the tab would not be available in OCC. Let alone show it. Furthermore, it is a i7 8700k that does support OC and I was able to do it before this new error came up. HP themselves need to update the package. No amount of removing/installing will fix this. Lets get this fixed HP and I hope you yourself being an HP support agent will escalate this to the right people. 

HP Recommended

It would help if the HP support agent read the posting instead of just cutting and pasting a pre-prepared response. My posting clearly states that I have an i7-9700K installed, which is fully supported by the OCC. How about we get someone that is willing to read our posts and take proactive measures instead of insulting us with their ridiculous and useless posts. HP are you reading this? Let's get some help here. These are not cheap PCs and deserve some quality support.

HP Recommended

In case you're not aware, the above nicely-worded response comes from bot. Also, HP Support staff do not casually check/read these forums - there's occasional intervention if things get hairy though. But most of your laments will remain unaddressed.

Getting back to the thread: I find it interesting that there appeared few posts with the same exact problem quite recently. So something must have changed - and (sadly) it for you guys to find out what. Do not expect that HP will help you with it, unfortunately - I've been there myself and with similar issue.

Apart fro casual checks re: update dates & component version numbers since you spotted that it stopped working correctly, the only solution I can suggest is to get back to the configuration - Omen Control Center - that did what you need it to do. If I were you I would just restore straight to the factory-supplied version and try if it works. If not, I would keep (manually) upgrading until I find the version that does the trick.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-880-000-desktop-pc-series/1577...

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-880-000-desktop-pc-series/1577...

(I assume both components are related one with another - stand corrected if that's not the case and if there's more to it [i.e. another component needed that also gets updated])

And note its version number and stay with it - possibly upgrade to the newer version but always be able to revert back to the last working one.

HP Recommended

Steps to get Overclocking capability back:

1. Uninstall the Microsoft Store OCC APP and then restart the computer. 

2.  Download and install the Omen Command Center SP84071.exe from the HP Support website. Restart the computer.

3.  Then download and install the Omen Command Center SDK Package SP100244.exe.

4.  Restart the computer again and then open the OCC APP.

5.  Test Overclocking feature. Success

There is a problem with the Microsoft Store OCC APP. It is interacting with a recent Windows Update which is preventing the OCC APP from finding the Omen driver and HP Application Enabling Services (Fusion driver). The most current HP Omen Command Center SDK package (SP100244.exe) does not resolve the error. Although I lost the Intelligent Overclocking and Overclocking Save features of the Microsoft Store version of the OCC APP, I am satisfied that I can once again overclock my high-end i7-9700K CPU. HP has some work to do to resolve this. I was able to overclock my CPU to 5.2 GHZ easily again without any stability issues.  I would rather use the Intelligent Overclocking feature of the Microsoft Store version of the OCC APP to protect my computer and quickly switch between 5.2 GHZ and the default CPU frequency when not gaming, but this will do for now. I will be using the older version of the OCC until HP fixes the problem.

Good luck everyone that has this issue and I hope that this helps.

HP Recommended

@WAYZOR wrote:

Steps to get Overclocking capability back:

1. Uninstall the Microsoft Store OCC APP and then restart the computer. 

2.  Download and install the Omen Command Center SP84071.exe from the HP Support website. Restart the computer.

3.  Then download and install the Omen Command Center SDK Package SP100244.exe.

4.  Restart the computer again and then open the OCC APP.

5.  Test Overclocking feature. Success

There is a problem with the Microsoft Store OCC APP. It is interacting with a recent Windows Update which is preventing the OCC APP from finding the Omen driver and HP Application Enabling Services (Fusion driver). The most current HP Omen Command Center SDK package (SP100244.exe) does not resolve the error. Although I lost the Intelligent Overclocking and Overclocking Save features of the Microsoft Store version of the OCC APP, I am satisfied that I can once again overclock my high-end i7-9700K CPU. HP has some work to do to resolve this. I was able to overclock my CPU to 5.2 GHZ easily again without any stability issues.  I would rather use the Intelligent Overclocking feature of the Microsoft Store version of the OCC APP to protect my computer and quickly switch between 5.2 GHZ and the default CPU frequency when not gaming, but this will do for now. I will be using the older version of the OCC until HP fixes the problem.

Good luck everyone that has this issue and I hope that this helps.

I cant believe this has to be done to bring back OC. Man this is ridiculous and sloppy work by HP/Omen team. They even have 2 different versions. The Microsoft Store version and this one that came with the PC. Seriously which one should we be using in the first place? The MS Store version is better. Which would make sense since it is the much newer version. I like the intelligent OC feature myself as well. Did you have to adjust voltage to get back your OC or using default? 

HP Recommended

The OCC gives you a false sense that you are adjusting the core voltage, but you really are not or minimally. I only use the Processor Core Ratio and the Processor Cache Ratio. To achieve 5.2 GHZ with my i7-9700K, I adjust my Processor Core Ratio to 52X and my Processor Cache Ratio to 44X. It is too dangerous to play with the voltage anyway because you risk damaging the CPU and/or the motherboard. Using just those two adjustments should get you what you need and can handle based upon your ability to keep the CPU cool. Higher core voltage equals greater CPU heat and louder jet engine like fans trying to keep up.

Remember I can go higher than 5.2ghz because my water cooling system and two front (intake) and two rear (push/pull configuration)fans allow me to go a little higher in frequency if I ever need to. Right now I don't need it, but it feels good to be able to go higher. Additionally, you have to be one of the lucky ones with a CPU that can actually do this. Stable as a rock at 5.2ghz for over seven or more hours (on the weekends) of AAA gaming without a glitch. Not all i7-9700Ks can do what my CPU can do. Beware of the Intel XTU. It can destroy your machine because it lets you do whatever you want. The OCC does not.

Good luck with restoring your overclocking capability. I'm now feeling much better after getting mine back.

HP Recommended

I made a video about the voltage slider doing nothing a while ago. Placebo effect all for show. I thought you might have dug in a bit with XTU adjusting voltage that way. I doubt it would even work, I certainly never tried it and won’t. When I used intelligent oc with in OCC. it had my 8700k running at 5.0GHz.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.