Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop 750-170se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, would really really appreciate some help. I have a HP desktop with a 980 TI (model HP Desktop 750-170se). I got a new monitor- a Samsung Odyssey G7 monitor. After I hooked it up, my computer is now giving me 3 long beeps and 3 short beeps for about 40 seconds then after the computer will start and my monitor will display. This happens when I turn it on or RESTART the PC EVERY TIME.  I've updated my drivers, my monitor drivers, and firmware.

SO I THOUGHT I SOLVED IT. My monitor's settings had DisplayPort 1.4 on. I looked it up and believe the 980TI only supports up to 1.2 but not sure. I changed the DisplayPort version to 1.2 in my monitor's settings. SO NOW when the computer is on and I restart it or put it to sleep, it will work completely fine. It will just restart instantly with no beeps and no issues. BUT when I shut down my computer and turn it on, IT IS STILL BEEPING then loads after 45 seconds. Before on DisplayPort 1.4, it would beep even when I restart my PC.  Now it is only when I shutdown my computer and start it for the first time it beeps. But this is really annoying. I actually never put my computer to sleep and always shut it down.

When I shut down and after the beeps, it loads just directly to the windows sign- in screen. When I restart, it restarts normally and I see the computer bios symbol then windows sign-in. Also just weird because it seems like the PC after beeps was loading DisplayPort 1.4, because the computer was on and the monitor's settings showed 1.4.

Can anyone help please?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Update - I switched to a HDMI 2.0b cable and it works fine and normal. Restarts and shuts down with no beeps. I guess my GPU or motherboard doesn't support DisplayPort 1.2 or 1.4 with this monitor. I guess I will ride with the HDMI cable until I get a new PC next year.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.