Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have the new HP pavilion gaming desktops that are sold on the site as of right now which is working fine with the 1650 super but I want to upgrade to a 2060 super or maybe better. However the power supply will be a problem and to make it worse its proprietary so I can't just replace it. I was wondering if HP sells any other power supplies the same model that my computer uses, as I am limited to only 400 watts. M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@daf1256,

No worries, this was exactly the info I needed.

Here we go:

The System Model is defined as the HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2xxx, and combined with the System SKU 3V2Z3AV, which according to: https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=3V2Z3AV, makes your PC the HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2170m CTO for your reference.

The BaseBoard Product number (8906) indicates that your motherboard is an Erica6, which brings us here [EDIT:User manual HP Pavilion Gaming TG01 (English - 50 pages), or this link: HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Erica6 | HP® Customer Support.

These links suggest that you could upgrade your PC with the AMD Ryzen 7 5700G (3.80 GHz up to 4.60 GHz, 8 Cores, 16 Threads).

Also, according to: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model..., your desktop is compatible with the HP PSU 500-watt power supply unit (p/n): L05757-800. You can find these PSUs online, but they are a bit pricey: L05757-800 HP Gnrc Psu 500W Ent17 Fr Gld (encompass.com),  HP L05757-800: Search Result | eBay, or here, for example: L05757-800 original HP Desktop-PC power supply 500 Watt - sparepartworld.com.

A 500-watt power supply would enable you to pick a better graphics card, such as the RTX 2060. The RTX 2060 Super may be pushing it a little bit, as the literature shows a minimum 550-watt power supply for this particular graphics card.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@daf1256,

Do you mind sharing what model HP Pavillion you have?

Type: system information in your Windows search bar.

Left-click on the System Information App.

You'll see something like this:

NonSequitur777_0-1666194266999.png

In order to better assist you, I need the information outlined in blue.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

daf1256_0-1666590065225.png

Here is my computers info. Sorry for the late response.

HP Recommended

@daf1256,

No worries, this was exactly the info I needed.

Here we go:

The System Model is defined as the HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2xxx, and combined with the System SKU 3V2Z3AV, which according to: https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=3V2Z3AV, makes your PC the HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2170m CTO for your reference.

The BaseBoard Product number (8906) indicates that your motherboard is an Erica6, which brings us here [EDIT:User manual HP Pavilion Gaming TG01 (English - 50 pages), or this link: HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Erica6 | HP® Customer Support.

These links suggest that you could upgrade your PC with the AMD Ryzen 7 5700G (3.80 GHz up to 4.60 GHz, 8 Cores, 16 Threads).

Also, according to: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model..., your desktop is compatible with the HP PSU 500-watt power supply unit (p/n): L05757-800. You can find these PSUs online, but they are a bit pricey: L05757-800 HP Gnrc Psu 500W Ent17 Fr Gld (encompass.com),  HP L05757-800: Search Result | eBay, or here, for example: L05757-800 original HP Desktop-PC power supply 500 Watt - sparepartworld.com.

A 500-watt power supply would enable you to pick a better graphics card, such as the RTX 2060. The RTX 2060 Super may be pushing it a little bit, as the literature shows a minimum 550-watt power supply for this particular graphics card.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@daf1256,

Btw, even the RTX 2060 would be a very significant upgrade over the GTX 1650 Super: UserBenchmark: Nvidia GTX 1650S (Super) vs RTX 2060.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you this helped way more than I thought. I just wish the power supplies weren't as pricey. Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

@daf1256,

You are welcome -glad I could assist.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.