Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop casing broke off (he said it was the clip that broke off) and I brought it to a repair store and they said I’d have to send it to hp but I can’t find anywhere to do that. The contact us button isn’t even a link I’ve been at it for the past two hours. I just want to know how much it would cost to send it in and replace the case.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

A good notebook repair store should be able to fix the damage. I think that a complete replacement of the case will be very time consuming and expensive. The main goal in your case is to repair the case so you can continue to use the notebook. With fiberglass you can make good repairs and cover defects. In smaller places you can use super glue. A smart man with ideas and 2 hands could surely fix it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Levi343 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.

Is this damage a visual fault or does it limit a function ? Could you please send a photo of the damage so that I can get an idea.

HP Recommended

Thank you for reaching out.

image.jpg

HP Recommended

So the hinge doesn't seem to work anymore. It no longer moved and the plastic is broken as a result.

If your HP notebook is still under warranty, you should contact HP. It could be a production-related defect that occurred during use of the notebook.

HP Recommended

Sadly, I don’t have the warety anymore. Is there any way I can pay hp to fix it?

HP Recommended

A good notebook repair store should be able to fix the damage. I think that a complete replacement of the case will be very time consuming and expensive. The main goal in your case is to repair the case so you can continue to use the notebook. With fiberglass you can make good repairs and cover defects. In smaller places you can use super glue. A smart man with ideas and 2 hands could surely fix it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.