Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

So after giving up and doing a full complete reinstall of windows I noticed this issue went away.

The issue only returned after installing HP Omen Command Center. 

Now I don’t think it’s the Command Center itself but more or less it’s a few programs that are required to run it. One is an HP program that basically just tells you what all your computer has...kind of like the about section in the Windows 10 settings. You have to have that installed for Command Center to work.

In order to access the overclocking and network booster features though you have to install another program....I think it’s more a driver but without it you cannot access those features. I noticed that during installation it accesses the command prompt to show you the installation process. It errors out with me while installing the AMD part of the driver but I’m guessing that’s because I do not have an AMD processor.

Anyway, once it completes the installation it reboots your computer for you. As soon as that is completed I started to experience the issue of the PC turning itself off.

If I restart the computer instead of the computer staying on during the restart it turns off then back on. If I turn the computer on after shutting it down it turns off but then right back on and I can boot into windows.

I’ll be doing a clean install of windows again tomorrow but this time around I’m not going to install the OMEN Command Center or even the HP Support Assistant.

I’m even a little worried because I own an HP Omen laptop as well and I see in the support assistant section for driver updates that there is an update for the SDK driver for the Command Center. Not even sure I want to mess with it because I’m not sure if that is what could be the problem.

Plus ADWCleaner from Malwarebytes labels all the HP software as bloatware anyway so I’ll probably just stay away from it all together.

Only bad part is the only way I was able to get this issue to go away was through a clean install. Uninstalling Command Center and all the HP software did nothing to remedy the situation and there isn’t a way to uninstall the driver that is needed for Command Center to be fully functional once it’s installed.

Is this a known issue or does anyone know what could be wrong here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK so I figured out the issue.

It’s not the OCC or the SDK.

The only way my computer will shut down and start back up is when I do anything with the overclocking settings.

Only way to fix the issue is to uninstall and reinstall OCC or do a clean install.

Ive also ran several diagnostics that test the processor and they all pass so it’s not my processor or any other piece of hardware for that matter.

I’ve decided that I’m going to stay away from OCC and any other HP related software.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

It could be a driver but not having nailed it down 100% to the driver I would run  HP PC Hardware Diagnostics just to make sure it isn't a hardware issue.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

All hardware seems to check out fine.

its odd. I had this installed before with no issue. I’m not sure what that driver or program does that you have to have to enable the overclocking and network booster feature but that seems to be what’s causing the issue.

All is good until I decided to install that and it restarts my computer for me.

HP Recommended

I’ve cornered this issue down to the SDK package. 

I’ll be downloading the one from the HP website later today and try it out. I’ll report back with the result.

HP Recommended

You may be trying to install something incompatible with your system.

Check out the graphs here

The first one shows the Accelerator app which is compatible with only one system. The rest of the graphs show what other features you should get with your system

I couldn't narrow it down any further than the omen 880 without your model number.

I just saw your latest post, not sure on that SDK.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

OK so I figured out the issue.

It’s not the OCC or the SDK.

The only way my computer will shut down and start back up is when I do anything with the overclocking settings.

Only way to fix the issue is to uninstall and reinstall OCC or do a clean install.

Ive also ran several diagnostics that test the processor and they all pass so it’s not my processor or any other piece of hardware for that matter.

I’ve decided that I’m going to stay away from OCC and any other HP related software.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.