Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My windows 10 is up to date and I had recently updated my driver/all other components of my desktop.. thinking oh?.. That probably fixed it but after 1 or 2 the random freezing came back again... I have no idea what the problem is anymore and I have tried so many solutions online dealing with windows 10 and even omen desktops... I'm so lost on why my desktop is randomly freezing for no reason.. 

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

How old is the unit ? I would check to see if the HDD has errors on it. The next thing would be do a clean install of windows 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
HP Recommended

I had my desktop since August of 2018 so I don't think it should be that old.. How would I check the HDD?

HP Recommended

Right click on c drive go properties go tools 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
HP Recommended

The error checking came out with no error unless you were telling me to optimize and defragment my drive.... eror.png

HP Recommended

search in cortana event viewer and find the times it has frooze and see what it says 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
HP Recommended

The thing is in the event viewer.. there is nothing happening when it freezes.. like no error or warning messages.. The only error message I really get are from the disturbedCOM.. Unless that is causing the random freezing? but the timing of the error messages don't follow up with the random freezes.. 

HP Recommended

Try running a pass of memtest https://www.memtest86.com/

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
HP Recommended

I ran the memory diagnostic tool in windows 10 not too long ago and it didn't came out with any problems.. (Pretty much memtest86 is similar and I have no idea how to run it after unzipping it..) 

HP Recommended

If you dont have alot of stuff on your hdd then try reformatting

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.