Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I own an HP omen 870 224 and a while back I had uninstalled the software because it would not launch, just gave me an error message. I reinstalled it for the second time and it still gives me an error message, any ideas?

here is the error message: 

clipboard_image_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Looks like the HP Support Assistant is trying to update the bios. Your drivers page shows the bios should be version F.27

Hopefully its not started installing that yet. Can you end the HP Support Assistant? Click on the icon in the taskbar and close it.

Reboot the computer.

If the HP Support Assistant opens again, exit out of it. Close it in the taskbar if needed.

Download this file for F.27...  sp96779.exe

Run it by double clicking on it and follow the prompts.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Mongoose24 

I moved your post to Desktops as you were in Notebook section.

I'm not sure if you were installing the desktop version or the notebook version of the Omen Control Center as that thread point you to the wrong version.

1. Here is the correct version... Uninstall whatever you have installed now, then download this file and install it.
    sp76864.exe
  2. Then make sure you have the HP System Event Utility installed.
    sp91504.exe
  3. Then run the HP Support Assistant and see if it finds any updates needed.
    sp86979.exe
  4. Next, go to Windows Updates and force it to search. Click on the Check for updates button, even if it shows its up to date. Do this a couple of times until no updates are found.

It this doesn't work, I'm not sure what else you could do.

HP Recommended

Thank you @Photoray002,

it seems to have worked but whenever I open it, it says it's open but it is nowhere to be found on the desktop (it shows that it is open in the taskbar).

I force checked for updates in the HP support assistant and in the general OS settings. However, the HP support assistant seems to be stuck, it says it launched a separate installer but nothing is happening (it been stuck for about an hour now), here is the screen capture: 

clipboard_image_0.png

HP Recommended

Looks like the HP Support Assistant is trying to update the bios. Your drivers page shows the bios should be version F.27

Hopefully its not started installing that yet. Can you end the HP Support Assistant? Click on the icon in the taskbar and close it.

Reboot the computer.

If the HP Support Assistant opens again, exit out of it. Close it in the taskbar if needed.

Download this file for F.27...  sp96779.exe

Run it by double clicking on it and follow the prompts.

HP Recommended

ok, I installed the BIOS version you gave me, I ran the OMEN control as an admin and it seemed to work although the lights turn off once I open the app but I'm sure I can figure it out myself, everything else is working properly so thank you for the help! 

HP Recommended

You're welcome. Glad its working.

If you figure out the light issue, let me know what you did. I don't have the Control Center to play with, only the Command Center which is different.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.