Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion gaming 790-0010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok so in the last two weeks whenever I go to turn on my desktop. It goes to the screen where I enter my personal code to enter my desktop. But it only stays on that screen for about 3 seconds before I am able to enter my code. And it blue screens and tells me there’s and error. (Kmode not excepted) then it restarts over and over and over doing the same thing everytime. I have removed all data and basically wiped the computer but the problem still occurs. Please help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hello @Mark154012 

Usually that indicates a driver error (not always but usually). Did you do a "Clean install" of Windows when you wiped the drive?

The Kmode error should be followed by a string of numbers or name in brackets. If you see that, what is the full message?

Also are you out of warranty now?

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately no I do not have the warranty on my device anymore. It ended in February. The numbers after the error kmode message are, nothing that is all the error message says and then it restarts and restarts again. It won’t even allow me to get into safe mode to uninstall or reinstall anything. This just randomly did this when I tried to turn it on a few weeks ago. 

HP Recommended

OK thanks and per my first question above, you mentioned you wiped the drive. How did you wipe the drive and install Windows? DID you Clean install Windows via the Microsoft Media Creation Tool and a USB stick, or a different method?

HP Recommended

I think I wiped it. I didn’t mean to I thought it would help. It was on the blue screen where you can go to advanced options and click on reset or reset this device which ever one it says. And it took everything off the desktop but I’m not sure if it’s completely wiped or if I’m just stupid haha

HP Recommended

With the PC off and plugged in to the power cord, press the power button and rapidly tap tap tap the F2 key continuously.

Does a Diagnostics menu pop on?

• If so, run the extensive test for everything.
  • See if any error messages are found.

Here is the HP page that further explains what the Diagnostics do and how to use it if you need further explanation.

HP How to use Diagnostics

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.