Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen X 900-079
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi community, anyone else having stuttering issues with SLI config pre-made by OMEN ?

I have G-Sync monitor and it looks like the 2x 1070 are constantly stuttering while both G-Sync and SLI are active. I deactivated G-Sync and it's better...but I still get ocasional stutter, maybe 5-10 per Owerwatch game with less in Battlefield 1 , DOTA 2 and Guildwars 2.

I have Windows 10 fully updated, same with all HP support software and Nvidia drivers reinstalled fresh, so it's no confussion.

I am using MSI Afterburner to check my cards' performance and NO I HAVE NOT OVERCLOCKED them, since then it would make too much noise trying to cool down the overclocked cards.

Also with G-Sync on, my SLI configuration does not get to 99% GPU Usage, it's stuck at 60% , while with it off, they are flying to their maximum potential.

I read yesterday around 4 hours on Nvidia forums, HP forums and other specialty websites, I myself am a technician and a custom PC builder, I just got the machine on a good price. So it's worth it for me. But usually I konw everything about what to do with gaming PCs , now it looks like it's out of my hands.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Mate,

I fixed the issue by swapping the 2 graphics cards together after checking everything from Gsync off/on , vsync on/off, fast sync on/off, GPU underclock in msi afterburner, overclock, nothing worked...even everything combined.

I swapped the 2 cards and everything works perfect. G sync and all.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

I also build systems. Usually build gaming systems around this chipset and processor.

Checked the specs on this product. They look really good.

Have you tried any stress testing using 3DMark? Or run any benchmarks from Unigine?

How are graphics card and systems temps when gaming?

Good processor, good chipset.

Very perplexing?

Tom

HP Recommended

Hi Mate,

I fixed the issue by swapping the 2 graphics cards together after checking everything from Gsync off/on , vsync on/off, fast sync on/off, GPU underclock in msi afterburner, overclock, nothing worked...even everything combined.

I swapped the 2 cards and everything works perfect. G sync and all.

HP Recommended

Hi

Interesting.

Would never have thought to do that when troubleshooting.

Nice work!

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.