Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I recently installed Call of Duty Modern Warfare and ever since then I get random screen flickering. I have made sure all my appropriate drivers are up to date and checked for faulty cables (display port). I am using a a dual monitor set up and my pc specs are as follows - AMD Ryzen 5 1400

Radeon RX 580

8 GB RAM

1TB HDD 128GB SSD

• both monitors are 144hz
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You updated your drivers, update Windows 10 also.

Make sure the Frequency setting in Advanced video matches your display, and that you have freesync enabled if the monitors have freesync.

Hook up one monitor at a time and see if it flickers, if it does not, then it may be the connection.

Also make sure your cpu isn't overworked by checking your task manager and start up folder.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

My monitor matches my game refresh rate and I have enabled V Sync , my cpu does always seem to say high when I do benchmark test but I close down all background apps and pretty much anything that I'm not using but still to no avail. I have done hardware checks as well but they all came back ok.

HP Recommended

Here are some in-game things you can check one at a time to see if they are causing the flickering:
Options/Video/ Advanced Video

Shadows: yes/no

Depth of field: yes/no

Soften smoke edges: yes/no
Texture Quality: Automatic
Sync Every Frame: yes/no

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few
Oh sometimes you can resolve stuttering/flickering by going into gpu options and enabling the dual video card option.

Also running in windowed/borderless mode can sometimes eliminate it all together.

HP Recommended

I have tried 1 monitor at a time and there is no flickering when I do this, could it all be down to faulty display port cables ?

HP Recommended

Sure it can.

All cables are not the same  either

HP Recommended

Hi, I have also just noticed this, my render resolution wasn't the same as the display resolution,  since I've changed them to the same I haven't had any flickering

20200409_045252.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.