Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen obelisk 875-1000nx

after install Second M.2 SSD slot boot it take longer than before why and how I fix that 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Badr_alharbi,

Give us some details, please.

You said you have the HP Obelisk Omen 875-1000nx.  That has the Shire Motherboard with two M.2 sockets for SSD drives.  That computer came with a 256 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State installed in SSD1.  It looks like this model did not have the RAID-0 option where two SSD's are installed on the motherboard but are set up as one drive.  Therefore, your SSD2 socket was empty.  Then you added a 2nd SSD into SSD2.  Is this correct?  

If so, can you tell us what SSD you added (Make, model, size, etc.) to SSD2.  And then what happened after you installed the 2nd SSD and powered up the computer.  Did the computer recognize the 2nd SSD?  Did you assign it a drive letter?  Are you using Windows 10?

HP Recommended

I add Samsung 970 evo plus ssd 2tb

after that when i start pc it come for me message from bios about reset to default sitting then it shutdown after that winfows start and i don’t see letter for new drive i go to pc manager and make new litter.

is this wrong ? 
do i need remove the new ssd to ?is this better for pc?

what raid-0? 

i want know if this bad i will remove this new ssd and keep the pc like what it come to me

HP Recommended

So after you installed the new SSD, you were able to boot into Windows 10.  Then you used 'Disk Management' to format and assign the SSD a letter.  Is this correct?  Can you see the new drive with 'File Explorer?'  What drive letter did you assign it?  Is it showing 2TB of free space?  If the new SSD is now working, are you having any other issues?

HP Recommended

yes what you say is correct.

I see the new drive in file explorer , the letter is (E), and it work with out any issues.drive e.jpg

just I found when I power on pc the boot it take longer than before.

is what I did is bad for this pc, if better remove this ssd I will removed.

and what is raid-0

HP Recommended

When you boot up Windows, how much longer is it taking with the new SSD installed?  Did it changed from 5 seconds to 10 seconds or is it unusually long (ex. 60 seconds).

When Windows is running, is the computer running slower, lagging, or freezing up or does it appear to run normally?  Are programs running normally?

If booting up to Windows 10 is just a few seconds, Windows 10 is running normally, and there are no other issues - then it would appear the new SSD (Drive E:) is working fine with your system.

RAID-0 is where two physically separate disk drives are combined as one drive and assigned the same drive letter.

HP Recommended

yes it like 10 second longer than before, and I see when boot the keyboard and mice light and off then light and after that windows start.

no  other issues.

HP Recommended

Keep us updated if you have any other issues.

HP Recommended

just now I do pc benchmark after that temp of ssd 2  up to 71 dgree

temp.jpg

is  this normal?

HP Recommended

If the SSD was 71 degrees C all the time, that would not be normal.  However, when you perform a 'performance benchmark' the temperature of the SSD will increase as it is tested.  When the test is over, the temperature of the SSD should decrease back to normal.  I assume you removed that rubber strip that was mounted on the motherboard behind the black cover plate when you installed the SSD.  That strip should be removed for better airflow.

Take a screenshot of any additional performance benchmark results.  We would love to see it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.