Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

failure id: rgdvxl-8h5a3m-mfpx7g-609c03

My system has smart hard disk error. When I diagnosed it. It showed above failure I'd. I don't want to lose my data to. How to resolve it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Mahesh30 , welcome to the forum.

If your computer is still booting, it is time to make a full backup of your personal data.  The "Smart errors" are telling you that your hard drive is failing or has failed.  Once you have made a backup, you can decide if you want to replace your drive now or wait until it fails completely.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mahesh30 , welcome to the forum.

If your computer is still booting, it is time to make a full backup of your personal data.  The "Smart errors" are telling you that your hard drive is failing or has failed.  Once you have made a backup, you can decide if you want to replace your drive now or wait until it fails completely.

HP Recommended
On smart hard disk error it's showing enter option to continue. I tried it. It went to Preparing Automatic Repair...then diagnosing system. But in the end when I tried to install my last system recovery point. It showed an error that window c has error so can't be installed. Will it work if i will uninstall last updates...Orr start the laptop in safe mode?? How to start it in safe mode? Window 10 64 bit
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Mahesh30!

The sad truth is, once you can't boot from your hard drive that is getting Smart errors, your only option is replace it.  Not much else can be done.  I suggest that you test your hard drive using the Smart test from the BIOS. Here is a guide to help you:  https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c00439024

This will assure that it has failed if the tests fail.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.