cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Mahesh30
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Smart Hard Disk Error

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

failure id: rgdvxl-8h5a3m-mfpx7g-609c03

My system has smart hard disk error. When I diagnosed it. It showed above failure I'd. I don't want to lose my data to. How to resolve it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,654 9,301 2,966 11,416
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mahesh30 , welcome to the forum.

If your computer is still booting, it is time to make a full backup of your personal data.  The "Smart errors" are telling you that your hard drive is failing or has failed.  Once you have made a backup, you can decide if you want to replace your drive now or wait until it fails completely.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mahesh30 , welcome to the forum.

If your computer is still booting, it is time to make a full backup of your personal data.  The "Smart errors" are telling you that your hard drive is failing or has failed.  Once you have made a backup, you can decide if you want to replace your drive now or wait until it fails completely.

Mahesh30
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
On smart hard disk error it's showing enter option to continue. I tried it. It went to Preparing Automatic Repair...then diagnosing system. But in the end when I tried to install my last system recovery point. It showed an error that window c has error so can't be installed. Will it work if i will uninstall last updates...Orr start the laptop in safe mode?? How to start it in safe mode? Window 10 64 bit
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Mahesh30!

The sad truth is, once you can't boot from your hard drive that is getting Smart errors, your only option is replace it.  Not much else can be done.  I suggest that you test your hard drive using the Smart test from the BIOS. Here is a guide to help you:  https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c00439024

This will assure that it has failed if the tests fail.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation