Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Envy TE02-0042

Just noticed (**bleep**-retentive comparo shopper/unfortunately NOT

smart enough to know what this means) that has Intel i9-12900;

Intel ADL Z690 Chipset;  'BlizzardU' MBLGA1200 socket.

Then discovered several articles alluding to "10th & 11th gen cpu's

match to LGA1200's, while 12th & 13th gen match to LGA1700's."

So does this config have issues even before purchase? ...future use??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TexasIndian,

Somewhat of a dé jà vu, my friend.

The HP Envy TE02-0042 (319Q4AA), which can be fitted with up to an Intel Core i9-12900K, 2 x 64GB of DDR4 PC4-25600 3200 MHz (not that you would ever need that much RAM to begin with), has two M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 storage slots, powered by a mighty 800-watt power supply (p/n: M98830-001 "PSU ATX 800W 90%EFF MULTI OP,UNICO"), is already fitted with Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB GDDR6 -and likely even upgradeable with a higher-end graphics card, is future-proof, all right.

Likely your grand kids will still play with it long after we are gone.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TexasIndian,

Somewhat of a dé jà vu, my friend.

The HP Envy TE02-0042 (319Q4AA), which can be fitted with up to an Intel Core i9-12900K, 2 x 64GB of DDR4 PC4-25600 3200 MHz (not that you would ever need that much RAM to begin with), has two M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 storage slots, powered by a mighty 800-watt power supply (p/n: M98830-001 "PSU ATX 800W 90%EFF MULTI OP,UNICO"), is already fitted with Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB GDDR6 -and likely even upgradeable with a higher-end graphics card, is future-proof, all right.

Likely your grand kids will still play with it long after we are gone.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

per:  "Deja Vu"  NO idea how soon wanna replace my ole dog; only ONCE!!

re:   '1200 Socket' w/i9-12900 is okay?  (vs necessity of '1700 Socket')??

per: RAM...doubt 32gb ever 'needed', but cards cheap & easy to install

(side-thought, IF add RAM; add 2 more 8's?? Replace both w/2-16's)?

per: '3070' surely enough, since never 'gamed' with current AMD 6450!!

My grandson's a 'Gamer'and he has AMD 6700XT; so gpu WAS pffft

to me...until this 70 year old PawPaw watched him playing "Witcher3"

with his international team against others....the interest hook sunk in.

re:  "...your grandkids..."true; can smell fresh dirt on Grim Reaper's scythe!!

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

well if you're stup.....er, assistive enough 😊😉 to continue 

offering helpful, insightful advice....please endure one last

question (no promises): do YOU have any concerns about

air-flow??  Appears it only has 2 fans (cpu cooler + rear) &

only 2 vents (rear panel + 'roof')...will that be enough??

(especially if I do bite into the gaming apple in future)

HP Recommended

@TexasIndian,

How to say this.  In my opinion, many desktops as-sold are fitted with 'adequate' air cooling, but once you upgrade them, it is generally a good idea to upgrade air cooling i.e. ramping up airflow through your case.

[EDIT:] Are you sure about the two cooling fans (one CPU and one rear panel exhaust)?  Because when I looked into this desktop in more detail (Removing & Replacing Parts | HP ENVY TE02-0000 Desktop PC| HP Computer Service | @HPSupport - YouTub...), it shows a (lower) front chassis cooling fan, blowing air in:

NonSequitur777_0-1679343600229.png

This changes my recommendation considerably, since HP -to their credit, choose a forced air flow blowing in from the front of the chassis, which should be more than sufficient to maintain internal cooling.

What I would consider with an HP Envy TE02-0042, is to install an additional high-capacity air fan beneath the air vents situated on top of the desktop blowing air in, like here (to be determined -would need to know exactly what and where PC components are located):

NonSequitur777_0-1679339315378.png

NonSequitur777_1-1679343827391.png

However, you do not want to modify a brand-new desktop just yet, because you don't want to forfeit your warranty.

For the time being, I wouldn't worry about upgrading air cooling.  When the time comes when you feel comfortable talking about this, I'll be around.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.