Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 530it
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Specs:

CPU: Core i7 2600

GPU: GTX 460 2GB

RAM: 2x4GB DDR3

When i play Fortnite at 1080p with all settings on off/low i get an average of 55 fps. When i play at 1080x1080 res i get an average of 90 fps. My question is why can't I stream on twitch smoothly at 1080x1080 60 fps? My friend had a pc like this about 3 years ago and streamed LoL smoothly at 1080p. Is the pc too old and bad or is there anything I can do to fix this?

Also I tried to get into BIOS and forgot the password. Everytime i put in the wrong password the pc just booted normally and nothing unusual happened. Then I tried resetting it with removing CMOS battery and moving the caps of the pins on the motherboard and when i tried to type in the password (pressing enter 3 times) it booted normally again and the pc didnt lock itself or anything. How do i get into the BIOS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Pasjidadi,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Pasjidadi,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

While you respond to that, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you do not remember the password for the BIOS then it is not possible to enter BIOS. However, as you have mentioned that you removed the cmos battery it should reset the BIOS.

To enter BIOS you need to keep tapping the F10 key on startup and it should take you directly to BIOS if there is no password set.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

I just wanna know if my PC is too old and bad to stream games and play them at 60 fps at 1080p or is there something i can do to fix this. It has always worked like this but even like 5-6 years ago it couldnt record or stream gameplay.

And for the BIOS, everytime i remove the CMOS battery and change the position of the pin caps the time and date and the language get reset but i still have to enter a password and i dont know the password.

HP Recommended

@Pasjidadi,

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Pasjidadi,

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Can i also ask why does my graphics driver crash after a few minutes/hours even if i overclock the memory +50/+100Mhz?

HP Recommended

@Pasjidadi,

I recommend you follow the suggested steps in the private message.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.