Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm looking to upgrade my GPU but I'm not sure what will work best with the Sunflower motherboard and Ryzen 7 2700. I'd prefer to know which is the best of the AMD and Nvidia GPU's for it.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TheLB,

According to this HP Pavilion 690-0067c benchmark thread -see: UserBenchmark: HP Pavilion 690-0067c Desktop Rfrbd PC Compatible Components, Users have been able to make up to an RTX 2060S (Super) work with a 500 watt power supply as suggested by @old_geekster. The L05757-800 500 watt power supply as mentioned has a 6+2-pin PCIe power connection, perfect to power an RTX 2060S, RTX 2060, GTX 1660S, GTX 1650S, etc. -it all depends on your budget restraints.

[EDIT:] Please note, not all RTX 2060 Supers -or any other higher end GPUs for that matter, may fit in your desktop dimensionally.  You would have to carefully check out LxWxH.  Theoretically, I don't see why with the upgraded 500 watt power supply you couldn't make, say an 8-pin PCIe powered ASUS Phoenix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 Gaming Graphics Card- PCIe 4.0, 12GB GDDR6 work on your desktop: ASUS Phoenix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 Gaming Graphics Card- PCIe 4.0, 12GB GDDR6 memory, HDMI 2.1,....  This very nicely engineered high-end compact graphics card would really make your Gaming wheels spin, so to speak:

NonSequitur777_0-1651049295850.png

(DISCLAIMER: This is my personal feedback as someone who has taken certain calculated risks to Upgrade an HP EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF with an RTX 3080 OC 12GB GPU, for example, see thread: Solved: Upgrading HP EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF - HP Support Community - 8251218).

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TheLB , welcome to the Community.

It is most likely that you will have to upgrade your power supply unit (PSU) to use a more powerful video card.  The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  They have a 500W (L05757-800) that will give you enough power to run some very good cards.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will explain what to consider when adding or upgrading your video card.  Once you have read the article you will have a much better idea of what will work with your system.  If you still have questions I will be glad to answer them.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@TheLB,

According to your desktop's specs here: HP Pavilion 690-0067c Gaming Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support, you have a 310 watt power supply, which limits your choices to a GTX 1050 TI 4G OC (low profile) (MSI Computer Video Card (GTX 1050 TI 4G OC) : Everything Else (amazon.com) ) or a MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GT LP 4GB GDDR5 (MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GT LP 4GB GDDR5 HDMI/DL-DVI-D PCI-Express Video Card : Electronics (ama... ) -as for the latter option, make sure that this card would fit in your desktop chassis dimensional-wise: 9.84 x 5.91 x 1.97 inches.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

When I do invest in that 500w PSU. How good a card and what exactly can I get. Could I go up to or higher than 6600xt and a 3060ti. What's the ideal card I should aim for to get the most out of this rig while minimizing bottlenecks.

Thank you again for the reply. Never realized how helpful this community is. Very much appreciate your time.

HP Recommended

@TheLB,

According to this HP Pavilion 690-0067c benchmark thread -see: UserBenchmark: HP Pavilion 690-0067c Desktop Rfrbd PC Compatible Components, Users have been able to make up to an RTX 2060S (Super) work with a 500 watt power supply as suggested by @old_geekster. The L05757-800 500 watt power supply as mentioned has a 6+2-pin PCIe power connection, perfect to power an RTX 2060S, RTX 2060, GTX 1660S, GTX 1650S, etc. -it all depends on your budget restraints.

[EDIT:] Please note, not all RTX 2060 Supers -or any other higher end GPUs for that matter, may fit in your desktop dimensionally.  You would have to carefully check out LxWxH.  Theoretically, I don't see why with the upgraded 500 watt power supply you couldn't make, say an 8-pin PCIe powered ASUS Phoenix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 Gaming Graphics Card- PCIe 4.0, 12GB GDDR6 work on your desktop: ASUS Phoenix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 Gaming Graphics Card- PCIe 4.0, 12GB GDDR6 memory, HDMI 2.1,....  This very nicely engineered high-end compact graphics card would really make your Gaming wheels spin, so to speak:

NonSequitur777_0-1651049295850.png

(DISCLAIMER: This is my personal feedback as someone who has taken certain calculated risks to Upgrade an HP EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF with an RTX 3080 OC 12GB GPU, for example, see thread: Solved: Upgrading HP EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF - HP Support Community - 8251218).

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.