Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0073w

My surround sound is not working when i have any headphones that support surround sound it makes it sound all echo-y and distorted. Ive tried it with different headphones from different brands and none of them are working correctly so I now just assumed it has somehing to do with my PC. Please Help, Thank You!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Da8046 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

Download and install the 2020 Realtek Audio Driver update at this HP Site to see if this helps.

How does audio sound when using external speakers?

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for the assistence, when i do use external speakers they sound fine but the surround sound still doesnt work. I just installed the file and did the set-up and it still sounds the same, any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi @Da8046 

My pleasure.

Try using rear audio out if you are using front panel audio out since you have tried different headphones.

There maybe something amiss with the front panel or rear panel audio out.

I am out of ideas if both the front and rear audio jacks do the same thing and external speakers sound good.

Did you check the Realtek Audio Console for surround sound settings?

I don't use the Realtek surround sound option on my 2.1 speaker setup.

Regards

HP Recommended

Im sorry im not that smart with computers so idk what you mean by using front panel audio or rear audio, right now im using a USB port cause that is what my headphones use. And how do i get the realtek Audio control panel ive searched everywhere on my computer and i cannot find it.

Thank You!

HP Recommended

Hi @Da8046 

My pleasure.

I would check with the USB headphone manufacturer to see if they provide any software to modify the sound profiles.

I have a Dell USB Soundbar connected to a Dell monitor I use in the kitchen. All other PCs I use have Realtek analog audio.

The Dell Soundbar has a volume control and that is about it. Never really checked to see if Dell has software that can be used to create different sound profiles.

You could look around in the Sound applet in Windows Control Panel to check for any settings you might be able to make to the sound device.

Maybe a different Forum member has some experience with USB headphones.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.