Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@AmpLighter wrote:

I've turned off my bluetooth, wifi & wireless devices. Which helps the system tremendously. However, even if I turn these things off or disable them, Once I shut down or reboot, they magically reload and I'm forced to shut them down again.

Strange... Are you disabling them in the Device Manager? If so, they should stay disabled on reboot. Mine do anyway.

Should have the down arrow on the icon when disabled.

Disabled Bluetooth.PNG

HP Recommended

Appreciated the support fellows, and to answer your questions, I've tired to dump the drivers as suggested, but end up not having any drivers as windows isn't able to recognize any drivers after the fact. Seems to me that everyone is relaying on windows for the drivers instead of allow me to installed drivers from the manufacture.

As for the bluetooth, Correct, disabled these in the device manger, However, if one was to open "services" they would see that there could be 2 or 3 bluetooth executables still running. Again, this is Windows tell us how and when to use drivers of our system. Big brother sort of speak. What I might need is a way to disable windows completely or a way to have the drivers on a flash, CD rom so that when I update the drivers, I'll select "I have my own disk etc" and chose the updated drivers from this other location. No matter how many times I use the "update drivers" it says "windows has selected the best driver etc for your computer" and totally ignores what I've just downloaded.

Lastly, here's what the device manager looks like:

HP Pavilion Drivers.png

Mind you, there are not errors, as the system is working smoothly, Not sure if HP designed the system this way, but as one can see the mother board has the AMD Ryzen 5 2400g WITH Radeon Vega Graphics.. then it shows the Radeon RX 580 & AMD 15DD graphics.. If I delete one or the other, the whole system goes screwy.

Again not sure who designed this system as it's failed to installed WIN10 6 times & failed to update the graphic car/sound drivers direct from AMD via their catalyst. Lord, I mess the days of being able to download a file from the FTP server and simply installing or locating it when asked to do so.

HP Recommended

@AmpLighter wrote:

As for the bluetooth, Correct, disabled these in the device manger, However, if one was to open "services" they would see that there could be 2 or 3 bluetooth executables still running.

I have 3 Bluetooth services listed in the Services panel (Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service, Bluetooth Support Service, Bluetooth User Support Service_5ff02) and they were all disabled (and stayed disabled) when I disabled in the Device Manager. Those are the only instances of Bluetooth I can find in the panel.

@AmpLighter wrote:

Again, this is Windows telling us how and when to use drivers of our system. Big brother sort of speak.

Well...  big brother is gonna get more demanding as time goes on too.

MFG's are now being required to stop giving their software downloads (New software for the new models) for the traditional 32/64 bit program installs on the downloads pages.

New programs will have to be obtained through MS's Windows Store Apps. For example, B&O audio, Omen Command Center, etc.

HP Recommended

Here's today's adventure:

Yersterday evening, I get an email from and AMD rep who looked at the data I sent him, He informs me that my Bios maybe outdated. So I log the HP site and notice that there are 4 different Bois for my system. Running a system check, I learn that my BOIs is 8433 vr. 6 Which can or should be updated. I locate the 8433 vr.10 and install. Everything went smoothly.

Then I log the HP support assistant just to see if anything has changed. According to HP, I need 3 Realtek drivers, 2 bluetooth & 1 High Def audio driver. The bluetooth was disregarded, but I thought it best to download the High Deff driver.. Little did I know, this driver was for WIN10 vr. 1803.. which as one would suspect, disabled my current High Deff audio and left it blank without sound. Said there is an error. So I have to restore the system back to before i installed (or attempted to install the latest RealTeck ver.

Also, continuing what the AMD tech suggested, he says that my system was designed to run the Ryzen 5 2400 just as a processor and not as a Processor/Graphics driver (which my system seems to indicate) In other words, he's suggesting that I disable the graphics driver associated with the motherboard and/or check my BIOS.

The issue here is, I'm not willing to update anything just yet, however, I did check the latest Bois ver which installed successfully. Entering deeper into my Bios, I'm given an option to reconfigure my video (PCI) drivers etc.. Entering this mode, I find out that I have 2 items listed. Both say ATI VGA settings or something and I'm allowed to leave alone or set to primary on 1 or both options.. these have not been set at all from the factory.

Again this all boils down to, my new 690-0020 computer is working without errors and runs graphics smoothly, yet I'm unable to update to WIN10 or the "recommended" AMD catalyst drivers..

HP Recommended

Hi AmpLighter,

I usually install Nvidia graphics cards on Intel systems.

The onboard Intel graphics drivers are removed before installing the Nvidia graphics card.

So Display adapters (on my system builds), in Device Manager, only show the Nvidia adapter after installing the Nvidia graphics drivers.

The AMD 15DD is the integrated graphics adapter. Maybe this is the way AMD does this? The multiple processor/graphics references in Processors should not be a problem.

Do you see the AMD 15DD graphics drivers in Programs and Features?

Have you checked System Information (search "msinfo32") for any forced hardware or problem devices?

Have you tried updating W10 with only a keyboard, mouse, and monitor connected to your PC? Some other peripheral device or hardware driver installed by you after purchase may be causing this problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

The 690-0020 came prebuilt from the factory with the AMD products already installed. It's unclear as to what if anything can be done about this other than hoping win10 will correct the reason why my system will not update to ver 1803. I've grown tired of this and will just use the computer as is, UNLESS I get some sort of error indicating that I must update.

This all started cause my game service posted a message upon my login which said my drivers are out of date. Since then I've have to repair, reboot, rstart, restore 7 times.. Nothings changed. Each time I did these installs or update I would either lose my graphics drivers & sound drivers. Once i've determined what drivers have been affected, I would try to update them or roll back etc.. only to see a message saying fail to do so.

Again, AMD themselves seem to think that my Ryzen 5 2400g processor is suppose to be used singularly, But my system is saying that it has a Vega graphics driver associated with it. My image above shows this, But my question, is it ready necessary for all those processors drivers to load like this?.

HP Recommended

Hi

Device Manager is showing the active cores for the AMD processor.

Intel, multi core, processor's show the same information minus the integrated graphics ID.

Don't worry about this. The information does not represent: multiple, active, graphics drivers

I have an issue with the fact you have two active Display adapters. This usually means trouble on an Intel based system.

It may be fine for your AMD system.

It is very strange that you cannot update to W10 (1803) on a brand new PC.

That is the big issue.

Microsoft or HP should be supporting all of the hardware installed on your motherboard. You will have issues with any legacy hardware and associated drivers you may have installed after purchase.

The latest version of W10 should install like butter on your brand new PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

Afternoon, Just wanted to report what I did just a moment ago. According to the AMD tech, he said the same thing you did as there shouldn't be two graphics drivers on my system as one is integrated and the other a dedicated card. He tells me to disable the AMD 15DD graphics driver within the device manager. Doing so I run the AMD catalyst.

Before disabling the AMD 15DD, the catalyst shows two drivers running at the same time without issues as the picture above shows. After disabling.. I again entered the Catalyst setup and it shows only one driver now for the RX 580 card. So I could be getting close to solving this issue. However, Windows ( and how their system works) says that there is a problem with my Graphics driver etc (the one I just disabled) So is there away to force this message or windows to NOT recognize the AMD 15DD driver as I've disabled it but still shows in the device manager.

HP Recommended

I've just determined what the issue is.. Windows 10. But not just that it's windows 10 but the fact that windows or Microsoft has imposed it's rule on their operating systems with what is known as "Windows Digital Certificate" validation etc. Because of this, all third party programs like AMD's drivers can't be download or installed from an off site vendor. The drivers must be certificate by windows via their site before hand and even obtained from the windows driver site.

What does this mean for me?. It means that AMD must send their latest drivers to windows/Microsoft in order to have the drivers certified then placed on the Microsoft support file link. Conclusion, I'll have to wait until AMD & Windows get their act together on this or find away to totally disable this "certificate" security feature.

HP Recommended

Morning, Just wanted to add something else which came to mind this morning. Not only is Windows Digital certificates" being forced onto ones system, but most software manufactures ask that you turn off or disable the antiviruse software. I've attempted several methods of turning off or disabling the "Windows Defender" without success. Although in the task manage and other places one can simply end task etc.. The serves shows that It's still enabled and cant be changed. If I really wanted to shut this down, I'll have to enter the regedit settings and I'm just not willing to do that at this point.

The conclusion to this whole ordeal is that Windows 10, Microsoft is forcing users to remain within boundaries windows/Microsoft has set. Thus I have to wait till I get an update from windows in order to update my video drivers. All other efforts have failed to update my video, sound & now my USB drivers as I'm still not able to locate drivers which will force my system to recognize either my camera, smart phone or tablet.

May God Have Mercy On Your Soul Microsoft.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.