Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop - GT12-0240m CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse combo with a receiver that gets a lot of lag.  When I first start the computer or when I play games, it becomes unbearable.  I've only had this computer a few days, but it has gone on pretty consistently.  I have updated the BIOS to the latest version (which helped but didn't resolve the issue), updated all drivers through MS update, and have installed the MS Mouse and Keyboard Center (ver 13.221.137.0) to ensure I had the latest software and drivers.

It's gotten so bad that I've switched to the keyboard and mouse that came with the computer a few times, but I have tendonitis and can't use flat keyboards for very long before it really starts to bother wrist.  I've also picked up an Omen 25" monitor, and have had the receiver plugged into the USB port on there, on the top of the computer and even multiple USB ports on the back, but they all have the same issue.

Any ideas on what else I could try (besides using the flat keyboard) to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, I finally got it fixed.  After the second time of reinstalling the HP image, I finally gave up and downloaded the MS image creation tool.  I completely reinstalled win10 pro and installed all native AMD drivers.  The only thing I installed from HP was the Support Assistant and Omen Command Center.   The mouse lag stopped, I'm getting much better performance out of my USB 3.0 storage, and my monitor is recognized and stopped giving the "out of range" error.  I really think this ended up being the driver that fixed it, but I changed so much it's hard to nail it down to one solution.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Saprophyte2

I reviewed your post and I understand that there is a lag when using the Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you facing the lag issue with the keyboard and mouse shipped with the computer?

I recommend you contact Microsoft and they will be able to assist you in this regard.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I reached out to MS and they suggested installing the MS Mouse and Keyboard Center, which I did.  I have an Alienware 17r3 (which this Omen 25L was supposed to replace) that has no issues with this mouse and keyboard combo.  I also have a smaller laptop I use this on for schoolwork which doesn't have issues with it.  Unfortunately, this is the only wireless keyboard and mouse combo that I have to try it with, but the keyboard and mouse work fine with any other computer and any wired keyboard and mouse work fine with this computer.

I installed the new v10 BIOS and it helped with the lag right when the computer starts up, but it was still just as bad when games are running.

I reached out to HP support to help with this and after giving him control of my computer for a couple of hours of uninstalling drivers, installing the same drivers again, and rebooting, it created other problems.  My Omen 25" monitor now will randomly start giving an "out of range" error and I have to turn it off and back on again to make it stop.  He suggested doing a full cloud recovery after the monitor stopped working correctly and now I can't reinstall some of the games (Halo MCC in particular) that were installed before recovery.   The lag issue is still so bad, I've gone back to a non-ergonomic wired keyboard.

Although a standard flat keyboard is fine for playing games, it's a pain to unplug it out of the back of the monitor and put my ergonomic keyboard back in when I'm coding or documenting.

HP Recommended

@Saprophyte2

Thank you for the update.

I recommend you increase the mouse pointer sensitivity and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. In Windows, search for and open Change the mouse pointer display or speed.
  2. In the Mouse Properties window, click the Pointer Options tab.
  3. In the Motion field, click and hold the slider while moving the mouse to the right or left, to adjust the mouse speed.

Refer to the below article and play with the mouse settings and test.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03385366

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, I finally got it fixed.  After the second time of reinstalling the HP image, I finally gave up and downloaded the MS image creation tool.  I completely reinstalled win10 pro and installed all native AMD drivers.  The only thing I installed from HP was the Support Assistant and Omen Command Center.   The mouse lag stopped, I'm getting much better performance out of my USB 3.0 storage, and my monitor is recognized and stopped giving the "out of range" error.  I really think this ended up being the driver that fixed it, but I changed so much it's hard to nail it down to one solution.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

HP Recommended

@Saprophyte2

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.