cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
SLeSene
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Unable to boot post cpu replacement

HP Recommended

I own an Omen 25L Desktop-12-0157c, Ryzen 7 CPU, with Radeon 5700 graphics.  I recently decided to replace the cooling fan with a Cooler Master Masterliquid Ml120l V2 RGB.  This meant I had to pull the motherboard to replaced the backing plate for the CPU cooler.  Everything went  great up until I installed the circulating pump.  The pump lifted and unknown to me had pulled the CPU out of its socket.  I tightened down the pump and ruined the CPU.  I  ordered and replaced the CPU with the same model Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, I did inspect the CPU socket to make sure it was undamaged.  I completed the installation of the CPU cooler.  Let the system set upright for 30 minutes to move the air to the radiator. Plugged up and powered on at which time I was greeted with 3 long beeps, power down, power up and repeat.  This continued until I forced a power down.  I retraced my steps during the installation all the way back to the beginning.  Put everything back together powered up and once again 3 long beeps, power down, power up and repeat.  I checked the Omen 25L and 30L Desktop PCs Diagnostic Codes on the HP Support web site and found no listing for a 3 long beep diagnostic code.  Can someone please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,263 18,889 2,919 9,292
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SLeSene , welcome to the forum.

I, like you, can't find any BIOS beep codes that are 3 long beeps.  I believe that you may have damaged more than the processor when you installed the new cooler.  The sockets can be very easily damaged.  I would check the back of the socket to see if there was damage.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,263 18,889 2,919 9,292
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SLeSene , welcome to the forum.

I, like you, can't find any BIOS beep codes that are 3 long beeps.  I believe that you may have damaged more than the processor when you installed the new cooler.  The sockets can be very easily damaged.  I would check the back of the socket to see if there was damage.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation