Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Omen 30L (GT13-0014). In the Omen Command Center, the only lighting options I have are for the RAM and for the front logo. The front RGB fan and the RGB light bar are not customizable and only stay white. Is this normal or should I also be able to change the colors of the front fan and light bar to match the logo? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@StevenR36 , welcome to the forum.

Here is the ad page for the Omen 25L/30L: https://www.omen.com/us/en/desktops/omen-25l-30l.html

If you scroll down to the section for "Software"/Lighting, it appears to show the Logo and Fan on the front in the same color.  Also, you can move the slider to see all of the colors that are available.  I suggest that you assure that you have the latest version of Omen Command Center.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

I did verify that I have the newest version of Omen Command Center. If seen several videos of users that have the same PC that are able to control the colors of all 3 devices. What is odd is that if I disable the lights in Omen Command Center, it only turns off the front logo light. The interior light bar and the front fan stay lit up. It is almost as if the software is not recognizing those two devices and not controlling them. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @StevenR36!

I suggest that you uninstall OCC and ensure that you reinstall the latest version.  It sounds like a glitch occurred when it was installed originally.

@Photoray002, do you have any information that will help solve this problem?

HP Recommended

Hey @old_geekster 

There is an RGB controller module next to the motherboard that operates the lighting. My guess would be, its failed and needs replaced. Its been known to happen before.

Warranty will cover it. If its brand new from a store, you can take it back for a replacement (faster).

HP Recommended

Thank you, @Photoray002!  I knew I could count on you for help.

@StevenR36, please read Photoray002's post for help solving your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.