Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-010z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i want to turn of the LED's on the front of the case. i searched and im apperentally suppose to use the Omen Command Center... but there is no option for lighting. Tried updating and no option appaired. Cant really think of what else to do...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @Sol_of_Chaos

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to turn the LED off on the computer case, is that right?

The lights on the computer for your model cannot be controlled or turned off. 

This is by design and cannot be changed. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Greetings @Sol_of_Chaos

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to turn the LED off on the computer case, is that right?

The lights on the computer for your model cannot be controlled or turned off. 

This is by design and cannot be changed. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

how depressing. Makes me want to open the case and disconnect the wires (should that even be posiable without cutting them) but thats too much work. Welp! on to plan B!

*Pulls out black ducktape* No problem so irritating...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, if it is very annoying, you can open the computer case and disconnect the LED wire. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have had experance with the HP OMEN gaming computers. If your problem seems like what it is to be i would download all the drivers for your HP computer found at: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers . That is were you will download them if the problem prosists it could be a issue with the led controller. Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

@Lithium427 You may be referring to older (now also discontinued) OMEN 870 (and earlier) PCs, whereas OP enquired about 880 ones.

FYI: the latter do not have this functionality anymore and AFAIK LED lighting is static on these PCs.

HP Recommended

Hello.

The same question about  "OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p0xx" (880-079ur)

Can I manage red LEDs inside the case and on the front panel?

Will my warranty be void if I  disconnect  them physically?

HP Recommended

If you open your desktop case, you will see two wires connecting to your motherboard right under the GPU. They will have something like 'LED V Shape" written on them. Unplug them from motherboard and you will not have to deal with huge annoying LEDs. Use tape or an Apple logo sticker to cover the main logo.

HP Recommended

Product name : OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx

Brand new, right out of the box. LED on the left side doesn't work.  I'll just do what LazyPotato (above) mentioned. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.