Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6-2307a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Looking to upgrade original GT 620 GPU card with a new card with more monitor connections (current has HDMI and VGA)  to enhance my flight sim experience. Not an online gamer, just for local use. Any suggestions for suitable cards with 3 or more outputs would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Pinto51

Yes it wouldnt be a bad idea to bite the bullet and go with a new system.

The i7 3770 isnt a bad processor, but considering the factors mentioned, plus the fact that the bios on that old machine wont be patched for the recent bios vulnerabilities, I would go New.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Pinto51,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are looking to upgrade the graphics card on your HP PC. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product Specifications and found that you have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 graphics card installed on the PC and this is on PCI Express x16 slot.

• Form Factor: Half-height low-profile bracket

• Maximum resolution:

• DVI (dual-link) resolution: 2560 x 1600 x 32bpp at 60Hz

• HDMI resolution: 1920 x 1080 (1080p)

• Analog VGA resolution (with adapter): 2048 x 1536 x 32bpp at 75Hz

• 1 GB onboard memory

• Memory size: 64-bit

• Memory type: DDR3

• Supports Blu-ray

• Supports HDCP

• Supports up to two displays at the same time, in the following configurations:
    • HDMI+DVI, HDMI +VGA

For more details, please check the graphics card specifications.

You can either check for the part number on our HP Partsurfer website, using this link or you can purchase a PCI Express x16 graphics card suitable for your PC.

Note: This is the current power supply shipped with your PC

Internal 300W (100V-240V)

• Form factor: Internal ATX

• Total wattage: 300W

• Nominal input voltage range: 200-240V/3A (50-60Hz)

• Dimensions: 150mm x 140mm x 86mm (5.9 x 5.5 x 3.4 inches)

If the new graphics card need more power supply, you would need to go ahead and upgrade the power supply as well.

Note: HP Does not recommend any upgrade or downgrade of any parts, however, you can go ahead and do it at your own discretion. 

I hope I have answered your question, let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Jeet.

I've decided to upgrade to a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 OC Low Profile 2G card.

Dimensions are H= 37mm; L= 167mm; W= 68.9mm, using a dual slot.

The power requirement is 300W , which is ok.

Just want to make sure that the card will fit, given the extra height with the dual slot and longer length. Current card size is L= 144.78mm; W=  69.36mm. Concerned about obstructions on the main board that may preclude selection of this card.

Will it fit? (checking before I buy ). Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello,

Although the Geforce shows a 300W PSU is enough, given the age of your desktop, the PSU (PowerSupply) efficiency has most likely decreased over time and the Geforce GTX 1050 needs about 75W especially for the OC version so i would say no. 

The average size of the standard GT 620 would be: 

Lenght: 14.47 cm

Height: 6.858 cm

I took them off of Geforce's web site as the card you have seems pretty much similar. The full product specs for your PC are here:

https://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c03604360

Your card is also single slot so you will need to check if you can actually access another lane on the desktop as you probably have only one opening on the back because the GTX 1050 uses 2 slots hence the cooler and the ports.

You could still go for a GTX 1030 as it uses about 30W of power so it doesn't need a lot and its also small in size and low profile but your best bet would be to daisy chain the monitors on your current setup. 

Lastly: It is also possible and i so far encountered this only once, that when you put in the graphics card and turn on the PC it will show "Unsuported hardware" and you wont be able to go on. Again this happened once so it would be best if you could get a graphics card like the 1030 to just test the PC with to see if it actually supports the hardware.

I hope this helps you somehow.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your input and advice. Good point about the age of the pc. I think the best option is to upgrade to a full size tower pc with more space and flexibility.

Regards      

HP Recommended

@Pinto51

Yes it wouldnt be a bad idea to bite the bullet and go with a new system.

The i7 3770 isnt a bad processor, but considering the factors mentioned, plus the fact that the bios on that old machine wont be patched for the recent bios vulnerabilities, I would go New.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.