Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen by hp 870-121no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! Can i swap out all components in my computer? (Omen 870-121no).  F.ex can i switch out the I.O plate or PSU? What dimentions are the 300W PSU? Can i fit in a normal ATX PSU?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So you are switching from Intel to the newest AMD Ryzen. Again I don't think you are grabbing the jist of what I'm suggesting.  But yes the case will take a full size ATX PSU as WB already pointed out. All you need to do is look at the specs of what ever PSU you're considering, then measure the space inside the case to ensure you have enough room for the PSU and cabling connections. But the new motherboard will not have all the standard connectors for the case like a brand name case will. You might have issues with switches and lighting connections.

When you are buying a new motherboard, CPU, Graphics card, PSU and most likely you will end up buying new ram, you are building an all new system. But OK. I would mark WB2001's answer as solved as he gave you the original correct answer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Williamdäb,

The PSU is a standard ATX. Here are the instructions for removing.

The dimensions are shown here.  Do not exceed the 5.5" depth or it will not "lock" into place.  Not sure what your planning, but the best PSU, IMHO, the CorsiarCX650M.   It is an exact fit.

Standard ATX PSU measurements (324 x 212).jpg

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@Williamdäb 

In addition to what WB said and to clarify what you stated...

When you say replace everything and asked about the I/O shield, I assume you are wanting to replace the motherboard/CPU as well as the secondary parts. Is this correct?

If yes, you might as well buy a new and better case with better airflow,  cable management  and ease of installation. That HP case has less that OK airflow and NOT worth gutting, just to replace everything. I assume you want a newer CPU/GPU and perhaps want to overclock? A new gaming case would be mandatory!!!

HP Recommended

I dont really wanna overclock anything, ill just buy a 4th gen ryzen 5/7 with stock cooler and an RTX graphics card. I mean it should work right? Will the Cooler Master Masterwatt lite 600W fit in the psu slot? 

HP Recommended

So you are switching from Intel to the newest AMD Ryzen. Again I don't think you are grabbing the jist of what I'm suggesting.  But yes the case will take a full size ATX PSU as WB already pointed out. All you need to do is look at the specs of what ever PSU you're considering, then measure the space inside the case to ensure you have enough room for the PSU and cabling connections. But the new motherboard will not have all the standard connectors for the case like a brand name case will. You might have issues with switches and lighting connections.

When you are buying a new motherboard, CPU, Graphics card, PSU and most likely you will end up buying new ram, you are building an all new system. But OK. I would mark WB2001's answer as solved as he gave you the original correct answer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.