Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0076a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, thank you in advance for your time and hopefully your help.

I just received my new Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0076 that a mounts a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated).

First issue: from my  benchmark results, the card underperforms.

I looked at the card and does not look at all like a Gforce as it is just a flimsy red motherboard without any markings or logos with no shroud and  with a fan underneath. I assume it is a kind of stock or OEM version?

If that is the case does it have a modified bios to make it work for the PC features as in using less power than a normal card by controlling temperature through limiting performance ? I thought that a shroud (the plastic casing around the GPU) was essential to the performance of the card and all the GTX 1050 Ti  have usually  two fans.

So I would like to upgrade the card but I need to know a couple of things

Can I potentially upgrade to these GPUs: GTX 1660ti, RTX 2060 super -RTX 2070 super? Does the case fits standard size or do I need to buy a Mini Version of these models?

Is the Current power supply "310 W Gold efficiency" enough for those cards and in case I need to replace with a new power supply How many watts would I need?and again is there a size issue e.g. Do I need to buy a special mini size or just any standard  power supply?

Can I just buy a standard size?

690-0076a
Specs on website Chipset Intel h370

form factor MiniITX

HP name: Lincs
SSID: 843B

System
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xx (all builds)
Motherboard
HP 843B

Intel Core i7-9700F-
Memory
12.1 GB free of 16 GB @ 2.7 GHz

17 x 27.7 x 33.8 cm

These specs are what I could extrapolate by checking he mother board using CMD and the results of the benchmark tests..are they likely to be correct? I  am having a hard time to find this motherboard model in databases to check compatibility...

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sataky,

The 690 series was released 03/2018.  Here is a spreadsheet to answer most of your questions. The PSU is HP proprietary. Your correct, HP uses an OEM card in products.  Potential cards must fit within the case, so get length measurements per the manufacturers site.  Example, an RTX 2060 series per manufacturer design will have different lengths. The is NO standard size card,  all is design specifications, and number of fans.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.