Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TG01-0370ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hey, I got an new Bios Update and installed it. My Pc just Restarted and since then I got on the top left corner „VGA light in PEI.“ My Keyboard and Mouse is not Working. I tried everything But nothing worked. Can someone help me?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Not sure I can help, but Ill try.

What version bios did you install?

Press Ctrl/Alt/S for the info window to pop up. It will tell you the bios version.

You should have version F.20, is this correct?

HP Recommended

As I said, my keyboard and mouse insnt working. But as I know I installed the Last updated Version.

HP Recommended

Sorry my bad,  sometimes we run on auto pilot because we have lots to do.

Can you use the keyboard and mouse prior to windows opening?

Turn on the PC and rapidly tap the Esc key to get the options menu open? You can press F1 from there and get the info window to open and tell you what bios is installed.

If the mouse/keyboard will not even respond that way, I would not have any other fixes to give you.

You might try removing the little coin battery from the motherboard for 10 minutes and see if it will reset the bios so the keyboard works then. Unplug the power cord when doing this of course.

HP Recommended

Thank You, I already tried that But just for 30 Seconds. I will try it again.

HP Recommended

So I tried it. The „VGA light in PEI. was away but the Keyboard still dont work 

HP Recommended

OK so again, you are saying it wont even work to get into the bios or anything, right?

If another keyboard gives the same result, and I suspect it will, I'm afraid your system is now a paper weight. You have to have keyboard functionality to try reverting the bios back to its previous version.

Did the bios update on its own via the HP Support assistant or possibly a Windows update (sometimes its been known to happen)?  Are you under any warranty still or you purchased an extended warranty?

You would have to contact HP directly for a repair. The motherboard will have to be replaced since its bios related.

Here is the link if you want to contact them...  Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. The bios updated via HP Support Assistant and now I only get the VGA light in PEI code. Is there any solution to this?

HP Recommended

@raincoast  

As pointed out above, you need to contact HP Support Warranty. If you cannot use the system as peripherals are not working, you will have to have HP repair it.

HP Recommended

Hello. Unfortunately it is essentially "Bricked". You cannot change anything in BIOS because you cannot not even access it. You have to send it to HP and they have to repair/replace the MB or the whole thing. I am going through this right now. Its a pain in @ss

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.