Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-073nj
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Usually have an r9 Radeon 390x but now my pc overreads it and I get a secondary video card, Intel HD graphics something. is there a way to make the pc read the video card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RoeiAmin , welcome to the forum.

The HD Graphics is the Integrated Graphics built into the motherboard.  This means that for some reason your discrete card is not being recognized.  I suggest that you remove it from the motherboard and reinstall it.  Make certain that it is installed tight into the slot.  Also, update the video driver for the card.  If this doesn't work, you may have a failed graphics card.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@RoeiAmin , welcome to the forum.

The HD Graphics is the Integrated Graphics built into the motherboard.  This means that for some reason your discrete card is not being recognized.  I suggest that you remove it from the motherboard and reinstall it.  Make certain that it is installed tight into the slot.  Also, update the video driver for the card.  If this doesn't work, you may have a failed graphics card.

HP Recommended

I used this pc for 3 years and it had no problems whatsoever, so I don't think it's a failed card. ill try to reinstall it. Thanks for the help! 

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @RoeiAmin!

It could be a failed card.  They can fail without any symptoms at all.  However, reinstalling it may help.

HP Recommended

Ill try it thanks man

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @RoeiAmin!  Good luck!

HP Recommended

It worked thank you so much!

HP Recommended

You are so welcome, @RoeiAmin!

I am glad that your problem is solved.  I know how frustrating it is to have a computer that is not working properly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.