Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN Obelisk 875-1120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all, I have purchased the HP OMEN Obelisk 875-1120 a few weeks ago. So far has been great, very powerful PC that has been able to handle. It is packed with the liquid cooled i7 9700k 8 core processor @ 3.6 ghz, Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 16 RAM, 512gb storage M.2 SSD, and Windows 10 OS. 

This past week or so I've been getting 2 monotonic beeps coming through my headset while playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Like I said, my computer handles the game well. My CPU usage is fairly low, and the temps are around 58-66C. GPU temps usually stay between 70-74C while gaming (Seems high to me, but others say its okay). 

So what happens is, I will be in game and get a quick lag spike followed by these 2 monotonic beeps. And this has only been happening with just Modern Warfare. What's the best way to make sure all your drivers are up to date? I have gone through the Device Manager and manually have done it, but it being an HP pc, they have their own programs that are 'suppose' to. Something tells me it is something with the motherboard or CPU, but that's just my gut feeling. I read someone that these beeps can be coming from the motherboard warning you of hardware failure, but I'm not sure if those beeps would just be on boot, you know? Because this ONLY happens while gaming. 

I will post a youtube link to a video that shows what the beeps sound like. But like I said, mine only beeps twice and this particular video has a series of 4 beeps. Thanks for all your help.

https://youtu.be/L_bKYOnhYMc

Uploaded by Daniel on 2019-04-29.
14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Bo13 , welcome to the forum.

These beeps are not BIOS beep codes.  At least none that I have ever heard.  Therefore, I am not certain what to think of them.  Here is the User Guide for the computer.  On Page 33 is a guide for using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.  I suggest that you download the software and run it from UEFI.  As the description states, it runs outside of Windows to find possible component problems.  I would appreciate hearing the outcome of the tests.

By the way, great computer!!

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@Bo13 

Is this happening when you right click the mouse in that game, followed by a moment of temporary lag? If you're not sure, open a game and give it a try.

Let me know.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem but I'm pretty sure it's only happening when I use my mouse. The problem is I've updated my drivers, checked if everything is plugged in properly,  switched the ports the mouse is in and tried a different mouse but nothing has yet to work.

I don't play Modern Warfare but it has happened during other games and when I've paused in Spotify etc.

HP Recommended

Ya I have a feeling the OPs issue is beeping when using the mouse also. So far the only fix is to uninstall the omen command center. Or try disabling the HP OMEN HSA SERVICE in windows Services first. 

Let me know if that works. I have informed HP of the issue.

HP Recommended

Hmm, I'm not too sure so I'll keep that in mind when gaming. I feel like it sometimes happens when I am just running around in game, but it did also seem to be happening when I would go to pull up my aim (using the right click). 

HP Recommended

So for you, is this happening only while gaming? Because it is for me. What PC do you have?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the replies. What would uninstalling the Omen Command Center do? And also, what is the HP OMEN HSA SERVICE? 

HP Recommended

@Bo13 wrote:

What would uninstalling the Omen Command Center do?

And also, what is the HP OMEN HSA SERVICE? 

What would it do? Stop the beeping and lagging you say you're having with the mouse during gaming.

But I also said to disable the HSA service first and see if that works.

Type Services in the Windows Search Bar and hit Enter.

Find HP Omen HSA Service and right click on it.

Disable its automatic startup.

Then Stop the service and click the OK button and exit.

HSA service.JPG

HP Recommended

I uninstalled the Omen Command Center and that hopefully made the issue go away. I tried playing a few games and I've had no interruptions at all so far, thank you! And I hope this might solve OP's issue too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.