Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I open up the OMEN Commando Center And I look at the Cpu It say It at 100% utilization, When I move My mouse why Does that Keep happeing and Temp goes To 49-60  Only When I am moving my mouse.  Please Help???????Capture.PNG Then after That I go in To Task manager And See what use Lot of my CPU It only take 3% and My Cpu Get Hot for No reason Why??????Picture..PNG

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Are you having any performance problems? Slow system, hangs, or crashing/Blue Screens?

Run away processes will spike CPU usage and temps.

Don't know what mouse you have. 

Maybe you need updated mouse drivers.

Can you game?

CPU usage should not jump to 100% when moving the mouse. Check CPU usage in Task Manager to verify this. It could be an anomalous reading in Command Center.

Regards

HP Recommended

I Yes can Game and I have the Basic Mouse from the Box. And I check the Tesk manager and Show only using 6 to 11%????

HP Recommended

Hi Thomas79,

These facts suggest Omen Command Center may be giving false readings.

You should be fine.

Regards

HP Recommended

So your Telling me That it Flase So I only Use To  Check the Temp of the GPU and CPU. Is that alright?

HP Recommended

Ah one Last Thing So I should only Use Task manager Then?

HP Recommended

Hi Thomas79,

I can only guess Omen Command Center is giving false readings if Task Manager does not agree with Omen stats.

Check HP Support for an update to Omen Command Center.

You should be okay if your PC is running good.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello, Yes why Thanks for your Help!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.  

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.