Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I recently bought a VR head set the Rift S. And I am now thinking on selling it and buying the Reverb G2 and I notice the system requirements for it are you need a GTX 1080. Well I have a GTX 1080 but will it kill it faster? Ive had my pc for 4 years and ive kept it very clean on the inside and always made sure all was updated. I really want this new head set but am i limited by my technology, where I wont have a good time? let know what you guys think thank you so much for the help!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Schu117 

You would be fine using a 1080. you can see on the specs, it shows a 1080 can run it a full res. You can run it with as little as a 1060 for half res. If it ran your card at full capacity, lets say theoretically it might shorten the life a tad, but by the time it did, you will have moved on to a newer system long ago.

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c06630565.pdf

HP Recommended

Should i expect to lower some settings for some games or could i keep them all high? 

HP Recommended

I would have no way of knowing that. Depends on the individual game.  😉

HP Recommended

I could prob check the first Reverb right since they are similar specs

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.