Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Obelisk 875-0913no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I have an issue with the pc, i have tried to reinstall the pc and update all drivers but it still there. Sometimes in windows when i open discord or microsoft edge it freeze in 1 sec and makes buzzing sound. In games it can be like 2-3 seconds.. its really annoying how do i fix this? I have latest bios and drivers but still no luck. Bad bios? Bad drivers? 

Thanks

Regards Robin

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @weezc00 

Might be hardware related. How did you reinstall Windows?

If you didn't wipe the drive, you might still have the HP UEFI Diagnostics partition intact.

Reboot and tap the F2 key until the diagnostics menu appears.

If it does, then run the Extensive Tests for everything. Let me know if it finds something.

HP How to use Diagnostics

Are you still under warranty?

HP Recommended

Well i really hope its not the hardware because i sent it for repair last summer and they replaced the motherboard. I forgot to mention that i also tried HP UEFI Diagnostics and everything passed. Yes i bought HP care pack 3 year warranty. 

Regards Robin

HP Recommended

It might be something that the UEFI diag cant discover. It might be a driver or a third party anti virus (if you have one installed).

Have you tried any of the fixes on the net so far?

Clean installing the Video card driver might help.

or

1. Turn off the Fast Boot/Hiber file via CMD.

Type CMD in the Search Bar and choose to run as administrator.

In the command prompt, type or copy/paste this line and hit Enter.

powercfg –h off

Exit the command prompt.

(powercfg –h on will turn it back on).

2. Try a Clean Boot state to see if a particular service is causing the issue.

That's where you disable all non essential services, then test your program to see if it still crashes.

If not, then re-enable services one or two at a time until you finally find the culprit.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

3. Run a Memory check.

4. Run a Disk Check.

5. Run a System File check.

(copy pasted from Appauls to save time, ya I cheated. lol)

If non of the above works, I would suggest you contact HP support again for another warranty issue.

HP Recommended

I did the Extensive Tests in BIOS so it maybe its not the hardware? I also tried to reinstall bios but when it was 80% it restarts the system instantly and boot up Windows normally. No error or anything. But it doesnt freeze with buzzing sound many times but when it happens its really annoying. Maybe its the audio driver? Or bad other drivers? Thanks for help

Regards Robin

HP Recommended

@weezc00 

Not sure what your doing with the bios installs but stop. You keep messing with that and you can turn you computer into a paperweight.

DID you Do and of the other Fixes I pointed to above?

HP Recommended

I did the ”recovering the BIOS using the key combination” https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04126730. But it should work fine? Dont know why it stop. Yes i did all that but these freezes comes randomly so not sure what exactly the problem comes from. I will try reinstall os again when version 2004 comes out. 

HP Recommended

You did the clean boot trouble shooting method and nothing changed?

Did you by chance have the option to auto overclock in the Omen Command Center?

If so, did you mess around with any of that?

Are you under warranty still?

HP Recommended

Yes and also i forgot to mention that the pc has been on repair service, the motherboard was bricked so it got replaced. I think it was because i updated bios thu HP Support Assisant instead of using usb stick instead. However when i got it back it doesnt show my serial number and which model the pc has in BIOS. But this shouldnt effect the pc? I only use Omen Command Center to check temperatures. Yes i have extended warranty 2022.

HP Recommended

The serial number not showing in the info menu isnt going to affect the performance, correct.

But I would contact Support again and explain the issue. Just because they replaced the mobo, doesn't mean it wont still be faulty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.