Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 3BZ12AA (32" gaming monitor)
Other

So I've been hoping for a fix but it's been a while and I've seen nothing.  I have an HP 3BZ12AA monitor which runs HDR just fine from my PS4 pro (in 1080p) and from my PC.  When I connect it to my Xbox One X I get a weird problem.  It allows me to check the "allow HDR10" box but under the 4K TV details info it says my TV setup doesn't support HDR for gaming or video.  From all my research it appears to be related to the monitor not accepting a 4K video signal.  Other 1440p monitors seem to allow HDR from the Xbox One X but they may be downsampling a 4K signal, not sure.  Is it possible for HP to issue a firmware update for this monitor that would allow the Xbox One X to output HDR to it?  I have contacted Xbox about this issue but they don't seem interested in helping unfortunately.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Looks like some other 1440p monitors have similar issues:

https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/hlyx3p/samsung_odyssey_g7_and_xbox_one_x_no_hdr/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.