Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

what is the difference between the liquid cooling with the 95w processor and the one without it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think this might be what you are looking at???

The most expensive liquid cooling comes with a plexiglass side window to see thru. It can only be purchased with the 8700 "K" or 9900 "K" version (95w) CPU. Thats why its more expensive. The previous version does not have the Window in the panel.

heatsink.JPG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @Shanes1 

AIR COOLING:

Cool1.PNG

LIQUID COOLING:

Cool2.PNG

REO

HP Recommended

i realize the difference between air and water cooling. but, when customzing my cooling options, there are two options for water cooling. one of them, the more expensive option, has a 95w processor. what does this do that the option without the 95w processor has?

HP Recommended

@Shanes1 

Sorry but I am not sure what you are asking???

The 95watt processor runs hotter than the 65watt processor???

The 95watt processor is more expensive than the 65watt processor???

Good luck, I hope you find the answer to your question???

REO

HP Recommended

I think this might be what you are looking at???

The most expensive liquid cooling comes with a plexiglass side window to see thru. It can only be purchased with the 8700 "K" or 9900 "K" version (95w) CPU. Thats why its more expensive. The previous version does not have the Window in the panel.

heatsink.JPG

HP Recommended

yes thank you. i didnt realize that it had the glass window option. i was wondering what the "(95w processor)" meant in the option, and you have told me its for the acutal processor options. thank you guys for the help!

HP Recommended

You're welcome. I forgot to mention the windowed version also has a red led light mounted inside shining down across the heatsink. So if asthetics are important, I  guess its worth the extra $40.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.