Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 880
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im sort of confused with the overclocking feature in the omen command center, i've seen videos either with different versions or different software. I have the latest version at 7.2.2.0. Can someone please explain to me the voltage and other options i have? is the voltage i select the base power or is it extra that is provided? My processor is an intel 8700k. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Omen Command Center provides limited overclocking options. HP consumer motherboards have no overclocking options in the BIOS. The BIOS is the place to adjust multipliers and voltages. 

Messing with CPU core voltages is not recommended unless you know what you are doing. Increasing processor voltages may cause system instability and premature processor failure. I would be very surprised if HP is allowing extreme processor vcore tweaks in Omen Command Center.

You usually want to play with the multiplier. 4700 MHz ( a multiplier equal to 47) is the maximum 8700k turbo frequency on one core only.

Look, I have not experimented with the newer HP PCs having the Omen Command Center.

But HP is not going to allow processor overclocking tweaks which can damage the processor and increase warranty claims. HP does not also give the consumer extreme memory profile (XMP) options in the BIOS.

Let's hypothetically say the 8700k has a base voltage of 1.25 volts. OCC may give you options to change the voltage from 1.25 volts incrementally up to 1.35 volts. Each respective adjustment to voltage is the actual voltage. The change in volts is not the sum of the base voltage plus HP's voltage adjustment (i.e. 1.25 volts plus 1.26 volts = 2.51 volts).

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Omen Command Center provides limited overclocking options. HP consumer motherboards have no overclocking options in the BIOS. The BIOS is the place to adjust multipliers and voltages. 

Messing with CPU core voltages is not recommended unless you know what you are doing. Increasing processor voltages may cause system instability and premature processor failure. I would be very surprised if HP is allowing extreme processor vcore tweaks in Omen Command Center.

You usually want to play with the multiplier. 4700 MHz ( a multiplier equal to 47) is the maximum 8700k turbo frequency on one core only.

Look, I have not experimented with the newer HP PCs having the Omen Command Center.

But HP is not going to allow processor overclocking tweaks which can damage the processor and increase warranty claims. HP does not also give the consumer extreme memory profile (XMP) options in the BIOS.

Let's hypothetically say the 8700k has a base voltage of 1.25 volts. OCC may give you options to change the voltage from 1.25 volts incrementally up to 1.35 volts. Each respective adjustment to voltage is the actual voltage. The change in volts is not the sum of the base voltage plus HP's voltage adjustment (i.e. 1.25 volts plus 1.26 volts = 2.51 volts).

Regards

HP Recommended

thank you for the help!

HP Recommended

Hi Shanes1,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.