Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Obelisk 875-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought new RAM and was wondering if it’s supported with the motherboard that comes with the system? the new ram i bought is 2x16GB Corsair vengeance are 3200mhz

i also heard you can’t activate XMP with hp

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You purchased the ram first, then asked if it will work?

Well, it should work, but it wont be able to be overclocked to 3200 Mhz.

That Obelisk only supports up to 2666 and it cannot be changed. And even then, Ive seen some ram that the bios didn't work well with and would revert to the rams default spd fail safe speed which is even lower.

So I cannot guarantee how it will do.

HP Recommended

my old stick stopped working so i had to get a new one and i got it so i didn’t have to upgrade it again, i might get a new motherboard to support this so i can get the fullest out of my product

HP Recommended

Well, before you do that, you might consider something. What is wrong that you need faster ram?

Know that it looks great on a benchmark, but you wont actually see any difference in gaming because of the faster ram.

You might gain a frame or two but not worth the cost of a new motherboard, just for that.

Just my opinion. Let us know how that works out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.