Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

omen Desktop Function keys are not the defaut. how do i change, so i don't have to hit the fn key to to hit F1. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Edit. sorry, I mis read your old post.

HP Recommended

i have a desktop not a laptop. the keyboard that came with it has mute audio instead of F1 and so forth till f12. you have to push the FN key to get F1. this is hard to do while playing a game. is there anyway to make F1 the defalt settings. the bios laptop fix does not work.

HP Recommended

Would you post what the product number is, so we know what you have?

Its in the HP Support Assistant.

Thanks

HP Recommended

HP - Omen By HP Obelisk Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 - 2TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - HP Finish In Shadow Black

Model:875-0024
SKU:6285801
Don't the model number of the keyboard, its just the stock keyboard that comes with the system
HP Recommended

OH, got ya. HP gives a sort of cheap generic keyboard with those desktops. I don't think you will be able to change the FN function. There is no documentation that I can see.

If by chance the Shift key says FN Lock on it, press it and the FN key simultaneously to disable it.

Or you might try pressing the FN key and ESC key simultaneously to turn it off.

If neither of those methods work, Im afraid its not going to be changeable.

I would consider purchasing a real gaming keyboard and using the generic one for a backup.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.