Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen obelisk desktop 875
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp omen gaming hub not opening. tried uninstall and reinstall. updates. nothing works. the loading screen opens and cycles game msg "smelting ore, cheesing boss, etc, etc..." but never opens the app. any fixes for this issue? i dont want to do a full recovery as i have no other issues and am weary if that would even solve the issue.      so i did a system reset, reinstalled windows, default apps, settings, etc... ran all updates and still omen gaming hub stuck on loading screen. any help would be appreciated. also downloaded service pack from hp support assistant site, still not working...please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Also, using the Windows reset button is not a full reset. Im not sure whats happening, but you might consider a clean install via a USB installer with this tool if nothing else works... Create media Windows 10 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@ark1213  you reset Windows I assume from within Windows, correct?

When you do that, you need to do a few things to get the Gaming Hub to work

You need this driver... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105501-106000/sp105943.exe

Then install the Gaming Hub... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/omen-command-center/9nqdw009t0t5

Event Utility... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-system-event-utility/9p4w8rfn9m2t?rtc=1&activetab=pivot%3Aoverv...

Omen SDK package... sp111311.exe

Then run MS Updates even if it shows its up to date.

Let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended

greetings and thank you for taking the time to reply and posting links . i did everything you suggested but still have the same issue with the omen gaming hub not opening and being stuck on the loading/cycling screen. i would be happy to post any info i can that could help with further troubleshooting. thanks again

HP Recommended

Not sure... If you open windows Services (type Services in the search bar and hit Enter), look for HP Omen HSA Service in the list.

Is it enabled? If not, enable it.

What do you find?

HP Recommended

If its enabled and still not running, It might be a glitch that HP will have to fix.

Let me know what happens.

HP Recommended

yes its enabled and shows running. not sure what else to try. i do not have any options to contact hp as warranty ended 5 months ago. i sent feedback through feedback hub on issue but no response. also not seeing omen command center/gaming hub in program list in control panel. only omen gaming hub listed in app list in settings. should it be listed in installed programs in control panel?

HP Recommended

Its not listed in Control Panel, it should be listed under the letter O in the Start Panel list of programs you have to scroll down with on the left side. Im hearing some users say its taking upwards of at least 30 seconds to open also. 

Im a little confused as you said its not opening, but you used the Feedback button? If its not opening, how did you gain access to the feedback button?? Or did you send feedback via a website?

HP Recommended

Also, using the Windows reset button is not a full reset. Im not sure whats happening, but you might consider a clean install via a USB installer with this tool if nothing else works... Create media Windows 10 

HP Recommended

i sent feedback on the review section of the omen gaming hub page in microsoft store. was going to request recovery software from hp next or i will try your clean install method. i just want to get it working again

HP Recommended

OK.

When you install Windows from the MS Media Creation Tool, when you actually install the OS, towards the beginning you will have the option for doing a Custom install. Choose Custom and delete all the partitions on the drive. Then let the install continue. It will partition automatically.

Once Windows is working, you need to install these files just like I listed previously...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105501-106000/sp105943.exe

Then the game hub... Get OMEN Gaming Hub - Microsoft Store 

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

Omen SDK package... sp111311.exe

Then run MS Updates even if it shows its up to date.

Fingers crossed. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.