Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 11

basically if i play certain games my entire pc will just black screen and my gpu fan will go full speed, it for the most part will happen after playing for a while, the games that "cause" this don't stress the same components (forza horizon 5 and beam ng drive is a good example forza is more gpu stressing and beam ng is more CPU and ram). this has been occurring for almost a year through windows 10 and 11. i have reinstalled windows one (twice if u count 11) and it still occurs. a while back I watched the temps of the pc and they weren't high before it happens. really weird issue lol

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

It sounds like you have a heat problem on both the CPU and the graphics card. Or you could have a power supply issue if you are watching temps and they look good just before the system crashes.

System instability when stressing components can be caused by power delivery, high motherboard VRM temps or high motherboard PCH temps. This measurement will not appear using overlays in gaming.

Are all drivers up to date? Also, what CPU and graphics card do you have, GT13-0xxx is a generic description. Do you have CPU liquid cooling?

Given your symptoms it's tough to say hardware or driver/system file corruption. You did reinstall the operating system and you updated to W11. A corrupt operating system will migrate to an operating system update.

Run HP Diagnostics at system at startup. Tap "ESC". Select "F2". Run system and component tests.

Try running the following at an administrative command prompt:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Upon completion of the previous command run:

sfc /Scannow

Regards

HP Recommended

ryzan 7 3600x and a rtx 2060 yea there upto date and  no i dont have liquid cooling-

HP Recommended

Hi,

Look at my response again. I just added some tests to check hardware and the operating system.

Your components (3600x and 2060) should not cause excessive heat when gaming.

I would guess you have a possible hardware problem with the power supply or the motherboard. I can't say if HP hardware diagnostics will detect this issue. The system file checks at the command prompt will detect operating system anomalies.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Diagnostics is not going to directly look for clean power delivery or MB temps. But the tests may cause a secondary symptom in the components being tested.

Regards

HP Recommended

how would i be able to test my mb or power supply?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you run suggested operating system and HP hardware tests?

Hardware Info (Link to download) can look at motherboard, CPU, and GPU temps. Get the portable version.

Download (Link) Intel Burn Test (it runs on AMD also). Run the test to check the CPU while running Hardware Info.

Download (Link) Furmark. This checks the graphics card. Run the test while running Hardware Info.

You crash running the tests but temps are okay means you have a motherboard or power delivery problem. It is an indirect solution to a problem. You have high temps, the PC crashes means you have a component problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.